Major Detail on a Child layout/table, not the Parent

This topic is 2234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just requires 2 small changes.

1. A Set Variable in the Open Script.

2. A new section in your "Go to Layout TV & Film Pitch" to look for that variable. After it runs the first time, it will clear the variable, and it won't run again.

Test File DemoJOBR.fmp12

Hi Josh,

I am ever so grateful for the file and the added code. This one really had me stuck but I see how you've done this. I'll add it to my existing file and let you know how it all pans out.

Once again, you came through and I thank you.

Have a great day!

• Thanks 1

Hey Josh,

Your addition works brilliantly! Thanks again! :)  My solution is much broader and contains more layouts than you're seeing. There are now 2 different layouts, exactly like the TV & Film Pitch, so therefore the scripts, etc, are identical with the exception for certain name changes. Because of these 2 layouts, the Set Variable, like in the image below, the Value: "" was changed to Value: 1. For some reason, when I added your code to both of my layouts, when I would go to one of the layouts, click on the top title field, then go to the other layout, the top title wasn't highlighted. Adding Value: 1 did the trick. I hope this is ok, overall.

Lastly, when I go between records on either layouts, the top title isn't highlighted anymore. Is this also part of the "Go to Layout..." script?

Thanks!!!

5a8a33ee4c5cb_ScreenShot2018-02-18at6_12_38PM.png.882e1ffe39769dce4160356b7b907f7f.png

Do you want it to always highlight the top title when you move to those layouts? You need to write out what you want it to do when you go to the layout. Then write the script to match that.

If you do want the 2 layouts to highlight the top title every time you go to those layouts, then you don't need the variable at all. Just perform the script without the If..End If. And without the variable. You haven't been clear about exactly what you want to happen, so I'm guessing a little.

• Thanks 1

You're absolutely right, Josh. Notes should always be clear as to what I'm after but the decision to add a second, almost identical layout actually happened in the last few hours, therefore making my initial post sound off a little. I believe I had mentioned on Friday that I'd like the latest entry to always be the one I see showing on this page,  when going to this layout but I should be clearer in my description. My bad :)

I followed your instructions and removing the If...End if and leaving the Perform Script works great!

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

If you have a moment, would you mind having a look at the attached file? Once again, I'm at a loss with something what I feel is considered quite simple. This time, both layouts are independent of each other... so the newly created records in Song Info will not match the records in TV & Film Pitch. The issues, which is minimal, are on the front of the Song Info layout.

As always, many thanks and have an awesome day!

Test File DemoJOBR-3.fmp12

WHICH two layouts?

No, they are not independent of each other. They are based on the same table.

Your entire premise here has been to do something "not the parent" which makes no sense, and you have been unable to explain.

SongLibLayouts.png

This topic is 2234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.