Sign in to follow this  
alta_flyer

Field Validation causes Freeze

I have a field which has validation selected to only known values from a value list (populated from a separate field{Names} )

When I enter an invalid value or leave it blank, I get the alert dialog box from the field definition but then the program freezes and I cannot proceed.

Valid values seem to work fine.

image.png.437ce8eba1bf550bfb3dc45e8bd445ad.pngValidation.JPG.8d9e3ce22a4b6e56e32bb159d0e861be.JPG

I am using FMP 18 Advanced and Windows 8.1.

Client on Windows 10 does not seem to have the problem

Double-check the 8.1 updates?

Windows 8.1 Standard Edition
Windows 8.1 Pro Edition
System updates 2919355 and 2999226

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CKonash
      Hello,  
      I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and have gotten nowhere.  
      I have a script that ran perfectly fine on server 17 and it also works when run locally on Pro 17 or 18, but it won't complete a perform find function when run on server 18.   I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and might be able to take a look at my script steps to see if I am causing something that isn't viable in server 18 scripting.  
      The Pro or Go client calls a local script called "Send SMS to Server", then the server runs a script called "Send SMS on Server" . Here are screenshots of both scripts that were working on server 17.   
      The script kicks back error 401 for no records found.   
      I really appreciate your time looking at this and hope someone knows right away what the issue is.

Thanks
      Chris Konash

• By DataCruncher
      HELP!
      This is driving me nuts. 
      Need to send emails with an attachment from server side script. 
      The attachment path calculates correctly, as far as I can tell. Permissions are 777 (I Know...), but the file still does not attach!

This is the variable calculation that yields the path: 
      "/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename

Only problem is: attachments don't attach!
      I have tried every iteration I could think of: 
      "filemac:/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename
      "/$filename"
      "<Documents>/"&$filename
      What am I missing here???

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm the only one who ran into this issue?
    • By auarstadtt
      Hi everyone,
      Can you help me to setup a webwiever to display videos on OSX ? I've search but didn't find the solution.

Kind regards.
      Antoine
    • By wattmhite
      I have a script that performs a find and returns about 500 records. I am looking to limit this set to the first 5 found records and then perform another script (loop) for these 5 records.
      Is this possible with filemaker?
    • By IdealData
      Hi All
      Apparently FMI knows about this, and their advice is as follows

The problem for me is I don't have an SSL certificate and am using the in-built FM certificate. I would have thought the in-built certificate would at least let me import from the hosted file, especially as I did this from the desktop of the server.
      The script doing the import has not changed for many years and still runs fine on pre-18 servers.
      Other than purchasing an SSL has anyone get a solution, without resorting to downloading the hosted files and running locally (I'm trying to avoid that step).
      Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.