Metal Interface - Just a start...

This topic is 7373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Very nice--I really like the Metalizzatov graphics. May I use your blue aqua buttons in a solution I'm developing? Have you made those aqua buttons in any other colors too? (I'd really like an orange button too, if you have one made already!)

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ugo,

It's about time you got out of your rubber room and did something good! Regardless of the terrible, terrible things people say about you, oops maybe that's me? Anyway, your Metal solution is really great. It even makes a Pc look good and I never thought that possible.

Good work Ugo, you did yourself proud...

Harry

Thanks Chopper. I only just yesterday migrated to my new computer running the latest Mac OS; it worked fine after that, but Stuffit Deluxe for Mac OS 9.2.2 wouldn't work.

As long as you're here, I hope that you won't mind lending me your expertise on something...

I'm trying to build a simple little DB that will allow me to archive information about video clips. I'd like to be able to enter the segment in time and the segment out time and have a calculation show the segment length based on the difference. hours, minutes, seconds and frames. the frames calc varies depending on the broadcast format. Pal and Secam are 25 frames per second; ntsc is 30 (really 29.97).

It would be acceptable to break the fields out if that's the most practical way to do it, but I can't get me head around the thing. Is this a simple calc?

Kind Regards and Thanks,

John

John,

I'm not at home so I can't exactly test, but ...

You should be able to put the in/out times into two fields as the full h:m:s and use the difference for the calculation of that part. The frames would probably be best left seperately and then you could have a field for the format.

Then, to calculate the difference, you subtract the frame values using the correct value based on the format and, if the difference is < 0, you would borrow 1 second (or x frames) from the time.

The calc may look pretty busy in the calculation field with different if clauses and such, but it should be very easy to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ugo!

Nice work! laugh.gif

little tip that you might find "elevating" your layout look.

Here is a sample & concept attached...keep it up! wink.gif

p.s. your portal scroll bar is gerat example on how to design interface for the website as well! The concept of "repeated segment of an image" vs. entire image was always my favorite approach to compressing and reusing images

resize this opage: http://mostarnet.com/template.asp smile.gif

take care!

ugo.zip

Wow! This interface is great. I've just spent an hour playing with my time/billing database and it looks much more professional now. Anyone have an element for the search bar in Safari or Mail. I've tried my hand at Photoshop with it and it looks awful. I just can't get it so its transparent.

Cheers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.