Allow creation of records

margita

This topic is 6502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

disrespecting the person asking

Isn't there a distinction between the line of arguments and the person, I do not disrespect someone making blunders!

Take a view at the character McCawber in Debtors Prison in Dickens novel Copperfield... a result of a line of action here a result of his extravagances (btw. a portrait of Dickens own farther)

I never regard anyone as transgressor nor do I subscripe to a terra nulius myth. No one fit's into those "who wears the white hat" Hollywood archetypes in real life! It's btw. difficult to find an european who swears to Hobbes:

http://jim.com/hobbes.htm

--sd

I've changed the message above, to substantiate - Hobbesian views makes the evil deed to something to expect, and justifies annexing land from not predestinated souls or back fallers on sin :)

--sd

Since you mention Micawber, clearly in the true spirit of Dostoyevsky's Raskolnikov, you think I deserve nothing better for my "blunders" - pardon, line of argument as you put it.

In words of the chaplain from Kafka's The Trial:

"The right perception of a matter and a misunderstanding of the same matter do not wholly exclude each other."

Still, in view of your previous reactions, particularly the one to Fitch, I expect it will fall on deaf ears. By the way is this appropriate for this FileMaker forum? Is this yet another blunder?

Edited by Guest

Perhaps in Soren's native tongue it is not an insult to call someone a parrot? You do seem to be birds of a feather in some ways...

“Simply stated, it is sagacious to eschew obfuscation.” -- Norman R. Augustine

Dostoyevsky's Raskolnikov, youthink I deserve nothing better for my "blunders" - pardon, line of argument as you put it.
....indeed if you mean the unconditional love Sonia shower Ras. with and Copperfields love to McCawber against all odd's??? A very subtle kind of punishment if it is??

I have never started to read Kafka, but it's a great quote you there have snipped ...

I do consider this as banter and nothing more, sometimes with a pretty rough edge to it - but if it ideally could serve as mind sharpener - will this symbolistic sudoku perhaps change the way an issue is raised....

1) Don't expect all have been in the same dispair - there are way too many unknown factors involved.

2) Express concisely what you wish to achive - or be prepared for quite an excursion, I for one can allways contribute with deeply confusing allegories.

--sd

You do seem to be birds of a feather

HaHa, hopefully not eagles at least ...Just remembering Craig Chaquico's intro to last years Devcon and something Denny Schlessinger said hang as quote in Ross Perot's office!!

--sd

... You people are all nuts :), but Soren ain't lying when he says that if a poster hasn't stated directly and clearly what he/she want's to achieve, he will go on like this forever - though i must admit, these random snippets are all good reads, even though I never did like philosophy.

Hint to Soren

I never did like philosophy

Me neither, especially when it's being presented on a FileMaker list, and imagine how you will feel about philosophy when you reach my age.

LOL

Lee

This topic is 6502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.