Custom Login Screen [Untested-7+]

This topic is 5451 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution / : Custom Login Screen

Description: FileMaker custom login screens -- I'm looking for someone to try and hack this, crack this, break this, get through this, using whatever tools or methods they might have in FM or developer or anything else they seek fit to rely on.

I made this a while ago and i've forgotten the password soooo... But if no-one manages to crack it within two weeks, i'll recreate the file and post it in this thread as a sample.

[color:red]EDIT 3: DEVELOPMENT ON THIS FILE WILL NOT CONTINUE DUE TO VARIOUS METHODS DISCOVERED AROUND FM'S PRIVILEGE SETS

Working Under:

Solution Status: Untested

Pre-requisites:

Author(s): Genx

Date: 02/09/07

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

customLogin_v2.zip

I am definately not a hacker, and I don't want to make this widely known. It took less than 2 minutes.

I think Comment pointed out that unless you remove the abilty to modify the file (using the Developer Tools in 8-8.5 or similar in earlier versions), it is too easy to crack.

Steve

I just tried that and it doesn't work. If your right and it does work (which it probably does):

A) That's a real password and i set it to something simple so i wouldn't forget (but i did forget ... god i'm dumb)

:) That's a privelege password -- It'll get you into the front end but that's it. You have no access to the backend

What user name and password did you use though?

Because the only account with the same user and password in backend and front end was the administrator account.

... and i tried administrator administrator and i can't get it to work

Edited by Guest

Hi Genx, I want help you.

for bypass your custom login screen I executed hidden script "unlock status

area"

et voilà.

Now, in your example, you can remove script "unlock status area" but in a large

solution there are many hidden scripts and I can execute one of this for bypass your

custom login screen.

I suggest you don't use custom login screen.

Bye :)

Ann

Hmmmm... Care to share this time?

The reason being.. My main concern here is that that layout is not accessible to the welcome account at all -- i.e. it's blocked. So even if you had bypassed the script and managed to get to it, you shouldn't have been able to view the layout -- Whether you were using a custom login screen or not.

Can you please PT me a screenshot of the bottom portion of the layout?

Edited by Guest

Thanks Ann.

So you actually logged in? Those calcs are pulling the real privilege sets... I'm at a real loss as to how you did that... Like i said, administrator accounts force you to login twice, using only FileMaker login.T

Edited by Guest

Genx, what do you hope to accomplish that FileMaker's own Privileges won't give you? You are attempting to reinvent the wheel that FileMaker Engineers have already invented (very well, I might add). It may not be totally uncrackable (nothing is) but, if THEY can't make it uncrackable, what makes you think YOU can?

I'm at a loss to understand ...

LaRetta :wink2:

... and do what? That just means you have to login using FileMaker Relogin anyway... Which is exactly what you'd have to do even if there was no custom login screen.

Edited by Guest

While I can understand that some of this is fun, and some of it is frustration : , but there is a lot to learn from this :bang:

After trying for an hour now I can get into this file also, and I am no hacker also !

I have to say though that there is a need, other than what FMP staff has given us to use this kind of technique.

I have used this kind of approach for locking the screen when unattended. It would be a sucide to show it here though B) )

Xoomaster

Oh well. I guess I quit, Sorry for wasting everyone's time and looks like I'll just have to be happy with a splash screen... And at least now I know I can't trust FileMaker privileges for anything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.