Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hello, we´ve just bought 5 Windows Terminal Server CALs and installed them, with Windows 2003 Terminal Services Server, Filemaker Pro 8 (Vol. License) and Filemaker Server 8 all on one machine, w

Raphael

This topic is 6205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

we´ve just bought 5 Windows Terminal Server CALs and installed them, with Windows 2003 Terminal Services Server, Filemaker Pro 8 (Vol. License) and Filemaker Server 8 all on one machine, which leads to the fact that FM crashes in the moment it opens the shared databases.

Question 1:

A little late, I found an observation in a techscript which says that FMS and Terminal Services Server should not be installed on the same machine. Is this a must, or exists a workaround in order to have all on one machine?

(We have only 5 users, all in different cities, and our machine is a rented dedicated server, which we only can acess remotely, also for installations)

Question 2 (related to the same configuration)

In the same techscript it is described, that the installation of FM Pro should be done in the administrator account, using the windows "add program" option. Well, our FM Volume License came with 5 serial numbers. How can I enter all these, or is it not necessary? Before (see question 3), I installed FM Pro for each Remote User Account with an own serial). Additionally, I read the installation requires FM Pro Worldwide English (VLA or SLA). Is that a special, different Version from the one we have, saying, is there more then one type of VLA? Whatsoever, we have the German Version, does language make a difference here?

Question 3:

Before we installed the 5 Windows CALs and Terminal Services Server, we were using the two built in Remote Accounts that our decicated server offered. Running FMS8 and FM Pro 8 worked all fine, I could even install a remote desktop account for each of our users, each one with his own FM Pro serial, desktop etc. The only problem was that only 2 users could login at the same time, which is too less. So, is it really the Terminal Services Server that changes everything? It seems like something fundamental in the architecture has changed.

Thanks in advance for professional advice, and all the outher heplful postings in this forum.

Raphael

This topic is 6205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.