Active Directory Question

This topic is 4861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I figured it out.. (i think).. I had to give the machine the rights to delegate in the Active Directory Users and Computers Section... ?? whatever the reason it is working now.. : :)

I'm guessing that the act of setting up the delegation turned something over that made authentication work. But delegation is not necessary. The setup you describe in the post before that is all that is required.

Joining a machine to a domain is the same as binding on OSX. Sometimes the joining does not complete and that's what happened in your case I think. The way to check for that would have been:

- verify on the AD that the joined machine is properly listed in the machines/servers OU

- log into the FMS box (in the OS, not in a FM file) using a non-admin AD account

Hi guys,

Ok, I am back after a break and still having some issues I need help with.

My FileMaker - DataEntry group cannot select values from a drop down list. I have made all lists modifiable. They are getting the correct authentication group, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Hi Vaughan,

Apologies - this is now a new issue. We have a CRM DB with a drop down list of account managers. The DataEntry group cannot click this list. I have Value Lists set on All Modifiable. Yet, when they click for the drop down it won't let them.

I highly doubt that this has anything to do with external authentication. Remember that authentication only plays a role for letting you into the system (WHO are you). Once they are in, it's the privilege set and its setting that dictates what is allowed (WHAT can you do).

So, what kind of errors are they getting when they click the value list? If they get no errors then it's not a privilege set issue either but rather a data issue (is this a related value list?)

This topic is 4861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.