Creating a new Table for a Tab

This topic is 4584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sure. Just make the portal row big enough, and put in all your stuff in the portal row as if you were creating a layout.

Edit: You may want to show only one portal row at a time, and add a scroll bar to the portal to see the others.

ok excellent, thnx! to clarify, it looks like i am able to copy/paste all the headings from the layout for the MRI table and paste them into this portal row, but i am going to have to individually assign the specific value sets that i want again to these new fields right, since this is technically a new table?

[edit] or actually, it looks like i can copy past everything from the MRI table layout (headings + fields), and then reassign the "display data from" to pull from the MRIDisplayPortal table that i made. Will this be ok or will there be any issues once more than one record is entered and i scroll down in the portal?

actually, it looks like i can copy past everything from the MRI table layout (headings + fields), and then reassign the "display data from" to pull from the MRIDisplayPortal table that i made.

Exactly.

Will this be ok or will there be any issues once more than one record is entered and i scroll down in the portal?

Each portal row is one related record, so it will show only the data in that one related record.

ok it is working! Whenever i enter information in for say, Patient 100 into the MRI table, the portal does indeed update with the MRI information for Patient 111. And when I enter a second MRI record for Patient 100, this is also easily viewable in the portal. There are still some issues that I am working on, but this is all great, thanks!

hi

i'm having an issue when i try to copy and paste fields into a portal, they show up when i am in "edit layout" mode, but when i return to view mode, the portal remains but the fields are no longer there. any ideas why this suddenly is glitchy? this has never happened before, and i checked to make sure all of the boxes are within the borders of the portal, and tried to redo it but the same thing happened.

This topic is 4584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.