Sign in to follow this  
ron G

Export records into existing .fp7 possible?

ron G    1

After a *lot* of climbing of the learning curve, I got my Import function to work. (thank you 360Works for ScriptMaster selectFile() ).

I figured I could write a similar procedure to 'archive'/export individual database records. So, I copied my original database (Members.fp7) and created (MembersArchive.fp7).

In my Members::Export Script, I selected MembersArchive.

When I opened MembersArchive there was all the data, but the Layouts, scripts etc have ALL been deleted. huh? It seems like Export isn't the way to go. It seems like Export is geared to sending .fp7 into spreadsheets etc. But, there is an .fp7 'type'?

Would I be better off if I would just OPEN Members.Archive and run an import script.

Is importing the only way to get a found set or a single record into MembersArchive.fp7???

Thank you

Vaughan    101

Open the MembersArchive file and IMPORT the desired records from the Members table.

ron G    1

Thanks. That's what I thought. Good to have the confirmation. Thank you.

ron G    1

By the way, I need to import just the found set or just a single record (and it's related records). I didn't see any Import options that would apply these restrictions on the Source. Or, am I missing something?

thanks

Ron Cates    8

You will want to run a script in the archive file that goes to the source file and establish the found set before import.

Or just open the source file. Perform your find, then from the archive file, run the import. Filemaker will import based on the found set.

doughemi    83

What Ron said, but keep in mind that the source file must be open for this to happen. If it is closed, the target file will import all records of the source.

ron G    1

What Ron said, but keep in mind that the source file must be open for this to happen. If it is closed, the target file will import all records of the source.

Ah ha!. That must be why I have so much trouble importing a found set. Thanks for the tip.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By fmdataweb
      I'm doing an export of a table with 5 fields to an Excel file with an XSL stylesheet to control the formatting of the Excel data. So far it's working well - I just need to add some additional formatting for a few of the cells. I'm looking for help with examples/syntax for setting the following attributes:
      - making a cell bold
      - changing the font size of a cell
      - making all columns set to auto resize so they fit the contents of each column (same as double clicking the divider between 2 columns)
      All fields I'm exporting are text fields.
      Thanks,
      Steve
    • By Little Mighty
      Hi Guys
      I can't figure out a solution for this. The final result is an export, No data have to be stored in filemaker afterwards.
      I need to combine and export data from 3 tables to the SAME field in Excel. Lets say we have table A: A1, A2 and A3, table B: B1, B2 and B3 and table C: C1, C2 and C3. These are tied together by a unique number in the solution. I need these fields to output i the export as all 1's in one column beneath each other, all 2's in one column beneath each other and all 3's in one column beneath each other. 
      I am thinking, that I need a new table to combine these fields in 3 new fields D1, D2 and D3 and then do the export of this table. After export, the table could be deleted until next export. I am thinking this should be set up as a script. 
      Does the above make sense, and could it be done via a script?
      Thanks for the help - really appreciate it!
    • By 123
      Hey,
      I have a question about hosting my filemaker database. If I buy a license for 5 people form here: https://store.filemaker.com/filemaker-cloud , will I also need to purchase 5 normal FileMaker 16 Pro Client licenses so people can actually connect to the database? I don't quite understand how this works yet, maybe someone can help me out. Do I get the client licenses with the purchase of a server license? I need 5 people to be able to access it. Thanks in advance,
      Mike
    • By hutchlad
      Hey Guys,
      Thanks for having me I'm a beginner please take it easy haha!
      Basically I have a calculation field, where I am trying to force the answer as "0" when the calc returns "?" (due to an empty field etc, for whatever reason I'm not concerned about)
      My calc is:
      Round ( If ( IsEmpty ( Cash Sales Total Sales Value )=1 ; 0; (Cash Sales Total Last 7 Days-(Landed Cost*Cash Sales Total Last 7 Days)*1.2) / Cash Sales Total Sales Value ); 2) Now it returns an answer when there is one, or a "?" when insufficient data, all I want is to return a "0" in this case rather than a "?"

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noob question
    • By Jeff M
      Hello,
      I've done quite a bit with FileMaker in the past, but have never jumped into the XML arena. Now I have a need to do so, and I'm really needing some help with something I'm sure is quite basic...but still foreign to me. I have an external data source which export XML in a very specific format (see attached). I need to import that into FileMaker so I can manipulate the data, do some various lookups, etc. Once I've made my changes in the data, I need to export in the exact format it was when imported so the external data source can properly import.
      Not sure if it makes sense to import into 2 tables (workflows, workflow steps) or just a single table. I'm open either way. Once the data is in FileMaker I can get all my calculations and lookups and scripts going and make the data what I need it to be, but then I'll need to export it.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?
      Thanks so much in advance!
      Jeff
      workflows_export.xml

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.