FM 12 Advanced 03 BUG... or is it?

ron G

This topic is 3745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Latet update:  NOV 17

The field the popup was based on is a 'global' field named MenuReport in the Global table. 

I created a global field in Patient name MenuReport and selected that as the popup source.

So far... everything works.  Why?

Shouldn't Global::MenuReport work just as well as Patient::MenuReport??

ron

Nov 24, 2012

Update:  After working on 2 different apps, I returned to working on the Medical Records app that caused the problem.  After producing a runtime version, I shut down FM and tried the created app.   After only 2 selections ... it shut down Filemaker!!! 

So, it is back to 12 v 01.... Since 02 and 03 both blow up FM.  Strange that FM is not interested in this.... Oh well.

I don't get it. When a runtime app is running, FileMaker isn't, no? You do say you exited (quit?) filemaker then ran the runtime. Are you saying your runtime crashed?

Right.  From FM I created the RT.  I then shut down FM and ran the .app.  It crashed just like when I run the application from within FM.

Here is another update:

Each 'choice' in the popup (see the movie in the previous posting) became a application MENU choice.  The menu ran the same code that created a window and loaded a layout.  I then upgraded from v1 to v3 and, from FM, ran my FMP12 file.  I made menu 25 choices and it did NOT CRASH.   If this holds, it would mean that FM has an issue with their POPUP control.  (fingers crossed)

• 1 year later...

DEc 26, 2013

Here is the latest.

This issue has been absent since I last reported on it.  I have created several apps and work on a daily basis in FM 12 Adv 04.  Not a problem.

Then just a few days ago, while on my Windows 7 PC, FM started crashing again.  So, I copied the file to my OSX machine and it too crashes.

The app is really simple.  Does anyone want to try it on their machine to see if it will crash for them?

Let me know and I will upload the fmp12 file.

Ron

This topic is 3745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.