Sign in to follow this  
sarah360works

[ANN] 360Works MirrorSync gets smarter with version 1.43!

MirrorSync gets smarter with version 1.43!

360Works MirrorSync, a FileMaker synchronization tool, has been updated to version 1.43. This version is a free upgrade for all current users, and includes new features and bug fixes.

MirrorSync is easier than ever to configure, understand, and sync. We've improved the user experience to guide you in simple, plain English. Warning messages throughout are more friendly and easy to understand, and MirrorSync makes sure to double check your work.

If data sets have duplicate keys, invalid date or time formats, MirrorSync now finds and shows you potential problems in your solution. We think everyone should be able to sync their solutions easily, without advanced FileMaker knowledge.

In addition, MirrorSync is much more memory efficient. Throughout the sync, the server will use less memory and manage available memory much better.

This release includes other features and important bug fixes. See the changelog below for details.

Download and install the update at http://360works.com/mirrorsync

Included in MirrorSync 1.42

If you haven't upgraded to the most recent version, MirrorSync 1.42 included better support for internal and external IP addresses, as well as separate IP addresses for multiple machine deployments.

MirrorSync is smart enough to detect if you're syncing inside the network or outside of it, and automatically switching to the correct address seamlessly. Internal users will experience fast speeds within the network, and switch easily when outside of it.

Full changelog

Features and Improvements in 1.43

• More user-friendly, readable error messages throughout MirrorSync
  • Better memory management allows for support for initial sync of very large databases to an empty clone
  • Switched to all numeric values when communicating with client instead of formatted strings for dates, times, and timestamps. This solves a variety of international date formatting issues.
  • Now efficiently detects duplicate primary keys in the FileMaker database and warn the user. This has been our most frequent tech support issue with MirrorSync.
  • Various sync speed improvements
  • MirrorSync is now about 8 megabytes smaller by re-writing some overweight 3rd party libraries
  • Added an ability to submit bug reports from the MirrorSync configuration utility (for bugs that occur in the setup process, not during sync)

Bug Fixes in 1.43

• Submitting bug reports is now more reliable
  • Re-running a sync from a device after previous sync was canceled should now be more reliable (sometimes used to get a message that sync was still running)
  • Fixed a case where MirrorSync sometimes ran in demo mode even after a valid license key had been registered
  • Fixed a bug during initial sync when using UUIDs, if multiple records had been modified on the server prior to initial sync.
  • Fixed a bug where text that contained HTML escape sequences (" > <   etc.. ) was not being sent correctly.

Included in MirrorSync 1.42

• Now supports configuration of separate internal and external IP addresses, as well as separate IP addresses for 1, 2, and 3 machine server deployments.
  • More reliable communication over slow/unreliable networks
  • Fixed a case where sometimes client would not send modifications to server, if the modification timestamp field was empty (because the field was just added)

Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing FileMaker-based solutions for 15 years. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom database design solutions for clients such as NASA, Pixar, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    ddinisco  Josh Ormond  BruceR  Lee Smith  doughemi  MikeKD  Ocean West  bcooney  LaRetta 
  • Similar Content

• By 360Works

360Works is having a one-day sale on Friday, September 29, 2017 to help relief efforts for the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This Friday, all 360Works plug-ins and add-ons will be available for 10% off using the discount code 360HELPNOW and all proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Maria relief efforts.
      Hurricane Maria left the entire island of Puerto Rico in devastation. It is now one week since the hurricane hit the islands, and millions are still without power, fuel, and clean water. Communication is non-existent in many areas as cell service has been interrupted with cell towers down. Food is becoming scarce. Today, CNN reported that in the town of Utuado, Lydia Rivera has started to ration crackers and drink rainwater to keep her two grandchildren alive. "No water, no food," Rivera told CNN. People with medical conditions are at risk of death, as diesel supplies diminish and limit the power supply for generators powering hospitals and home breathing equipment.
      The American Red Cross has had their employees and volunteers on the ground in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands since before Hurricane Irma made landfall a few weeks prior. They are continuing to expand their relief efforts by shipping satellite phones and other technology supplies to help with the interrupted cell service and bringing relief supplies such as water, ready-to-eat food, cleanup kits, home repair kits, insect repellent, and more.
      At 360Works, we believe we can work with our customers to make a difference. Make any purchase at 360works.com on Friday, September 29, 2017 from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. ET using the 360HELPNOW promo code, and 100% of all sales will be donated to the American Red Cross. If you would prefer to make a contribution directly to the Red Cross rather than buy a product from our online store, we will match the total amount of these donations, beginning Wednesday, September 27 through Friday, September 29. For all direct contributions received up until Friday, September 29th, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, 360Works will match the total amount of donations up to $5,000. Please use this link to make direct contributions to the 360Works Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts. Thank you for your support over the years, and for working with us to help those in need.
      Sincerely,

The 360Works team:
      Jesse B, Lisa, Sam, Sterling, Michael, Will, Joe P, Joe M, Ryan, Charis, Arnold, Tsiry, Jesse ?Junior? P, Kathryn, Zach, and Amber

• By 360Works

360Works is having a one-day sale on Friday, September 29, 2017 to help relief efforts for the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. This Friday, all 360Works plug-ins and add-ons will be available for 10% off using the discount code 360HELPNOW and all proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Maria relief efforts.
      Hurricane Maria left the entire island of Puerto Rico in devastation. It is now one week since the hurricane hit the islands, and millions are still without power, fuel, and clean water. Communication is non-existent in many areas as cell service has been interrupted with cell towers down. Food is becoming scarce. Today, CNN reported that in the town of Utuado, Lydia Rivera has started to ration crackers and drink rainwater to keep her two grandchildren alive. "No water, no food," Rivera told CNN. People with medical conditions are at risk of death, as diesel supplies diminish and limit the power supply for generators powering hospitals and home breathing equipment.
      The American Red Cross has had their employees and volunteers on the ground in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands since before Hurricane Irma made landfall a few weeks prior. They are continuing to expand their relief efforts by shipping satellite phones and other technology supplies to help with the interrupted cell service and bringing relief supplies such as water, ready-to-eat food, cleanup kits, home repair kits, insect repellent, and more.
      At 360Works, we believe we can work with our customers to make a difference. Make any purchase at 360works.com on Friday, September 29, 2017 from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. ET using the 360HELPNOW promo code, and 100% of all sales will be donated to the American Red Cross. If you would prefer to make a contribution directly to the Red Cross rather than buy a product from our online store, we will match the total amount of these donations, beginning Wednesday, September 27 through Friday, September 29. For all direct contributions received up until Friday, September 29th, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, 360Works will match the total amount of donations up to $5,000. Please use this link to make direct contributions to the 360Works Hurricane Maria Relief Efforts. Thank you for your support over the years, and for working with us to help those in need.
      Sincerely,

The 360Works team:
      Jesse B, Lisa, Sam, Sterling, Michael, Will, Joe P, Joe M, Ryan, Charis, Arnold, Tsiry, Jesse ?Junior? P, Kathryn, Zach, and Amber

• By phcranston
      When installing Zulu you may get an error that web server forwarding did not work and Zulu is only available on port 42424 instead of port 80.   I spoke with 360Works support and they are aware of the issue.   The workaround solution is to install MirrorSync on your server.  MirrorSync and Zulu use the same application backend.  The MirrorSync installer will correctly setup the port forwarding.   You only need to install MirrorSync.  You do not need to configure it.  Once you have installed MirrorSync, run the Zulu installer again and it will complete and you will be able to access Zulu over port 80.
    • By docasar
      Hello,
      I totally new to 360works email plugin. I downloaded the email client from the demo version, and I am trying to adapt it to our company CRM so I can extract some info from customers emails. Basically what I would like to achieve is to be able to Fetch emails only within a certain date range, like for example from Friday til next Monday and after I have used the info, delete them. I have been able to download all emails and then loop through the information, but since I only want to extract data from certain emails and then delete them, I wonder if I could avoid downloading thousands of emails or keep them in the database which would make it very slow due to the huge amount of records.
      Is there a way to set up the fetch script to only download emails from a certain date range?
      Thanks a lot for your help!
      Luis
    • By jeffwest2
      So I am new to EasySync, and trying to get the best from it.
      I am using it more to replicate a subset of a live database for external clients to access, but they will not be changing anything, so my only requirement is to pull data to my 'Mobile' dataset from my 'Hosted' dataset.
      At the moment the live database is approx. 120k records, but this grows daily between 100 and 300 records for the main customer view, and possible 3 times that for associated activity.
      I seem to have a serious speed issue, in that trying to sync the mobile version just locks everything up, trying to do an initial sync.
      I can manually pull the data over at the end of a day, then mark all of these as EX_Exclude 1 and import them manually into my new portal
      Set a OnCommit on the maincustomer view, so any changes will make the ES_Exclude to 0, thus marking these for sync
      Question 1: How do I set these back to 1 once the sync is done?
      Question 2: Is there a way to Schedule the sync to happen every 15 minutes so it has lessto sysnc, meaning less traffic?
      Question 3: If I cannot schedule it, how do I prevent the 2 database's from appearing to lock, preventing users from working on either side, or slowing everything down?
      Any help with this would be very appreciated as I am totally stumped at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.