Sign in to follow this  
mcsebot

Moving container data external reference lost.

One of my tables has a container with pictures in it. The pictures (mostly .jpg not that it matters) all showed up just fine. I moved them to external un-encrypted storage and now the container shows the file but not the picture. If I close the DB on the server and open the DB locally the pictures all show up correctly. Once I mount the DB with the server, all clients see the file in the container but not the picture. Any new records/pictures added show up just fine. I would like to get all the records to show the files as a picture like it was before I moved them.

Note: I’ve done this with two other containers in different tables and they maintained their picture status. Don’t know why this one acted differently but I need to fix it.

Thanks for any help,

Ooops, just notice that the file name in the container preceded by the word "Missing:"

Now I have to figure out why it thinks the file is missing only when accessing remotly. Maybe a permissions problem.

Never mind I fixed it. Somehow the container was pointing to a diffrent directory. Given the new pictures were already working from the corret path, I copied all the older pictures into the new path. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ddinisco
      Using the script step export field contents, I can not export the contents of a container field. Error message reads ...could not be created on this disk. use a different name, make more room on the disk or use a different disk. I know I have had this in years past, but I can not remember the fix for this. I found something about setting the fonts to .ttf, but I am on a mac running fmpa16. Any help would be much appreciated.
      David
    • By ddinisco
      I don't see anyway to scrub an audio file like an mp4 or 3 when placed into a container field. It works great if the content is a quicktime movie. It also does not display the time of location in the track (i.e. skip to :37).
      Any way to make this work or work around?
      Thanks
      David
    • By igservices
      I'm running FMPA 16.02.205 and ScriptMaster 5.05 in MacOS 10.12.6.
      ScriptMaster doesn't retain the activation state from one start of the app to another. It's not totally consistent either.
      Any ideas why the activation of the plug-in isn't being retained between app restarts?
    • By wedgeman
      So i'm dealing with two tables.

1.  VisitTable.
      2. GraphicsTable

in a VisitTable layout, i have one or two portals related to the GraphicsTable, each related by a different factor.  One portal would be related by a Date field, the other would be a ClientName field..
      My desire is to click on a thumbnail in either one of these portals, and have that selected image be displayed in a separate/larger image window (which could be a container field in the current table, Or another portal?  I don't care how - i just need to have it show up) 
      I don't know the best method for doing this (ie., click thumbnail to have image fillin a separate location).  In this particular instance, I don't want this to be a separate window, but to display in a container field view on the current window/layout. 

how do I accomplish this?
      thx

• By 3rdparty
      I have been using the the scriptmaster plugin for sometime on a previous Mac, specifically for the Rotate Image function.  The instalation on the previous Mac would have been FMP12 advanced, Scriptmaster plugin from about Sept 2015, and Mac OS 10.11.xx    My solution used the function pasted into the startup script and although it wasn't fast, worked fine.
      I have now made a new installation of the Scriptmater Plugin, v5.05 on a new Mac running OS 10.12.5, FMP advanced 13, and there are a couple of strange things that appear to be assocaited with Java:
      1. When I launch FMP it does not come to the foreground.  Instead the foreground application is Java...
      2. When FMP is active, I see a Java application active in the dock.   This wasnt the case in my prevous installation of Scriptmaster where (if it was active), Java was not a foreground/visible process
      3. When I quit FMP, irrespective of whether the database that I was working on did or did not use a scriptmaster module or function, Java crashes and I get usual dialogue box "Java quit unexpectedly".  I have put a copy of the crash report here.
      Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.