Sign in to follow this  
elipsett

FMS 11v5 on OSX 10.7 with Java 7.51

elipsett    0

I made the silly mistake up letting Java update itself, and now of course FMS won't launch.

I've cleared the Java cache several times, rebooted several times, and no matter what I do the app still says it won't launch.

Is there any fix known for this?

It would be really nice if I didn't have to reformat the whole system again just to get it running.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

elipsett    0

Apparently the problem is a missing permissions manifest in main jar, according to error information:

java.lang.SecurityException: Missing required Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: http://localhost:16000/admin-client-lib/admin-console-client.jar

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployManifestChecker.verifyMainJar(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

aelixab    0

Hi!

You have to put your IP in JAVA exception Site list.
If your system is 10.8.5 it is better to call admin consol from another machine which has older system 10.7.x

regards 

Robi

post-110307-0-00414200-1390513028_thumb.

Gnurps    0

Hi!

You have to put your IP in JAVA exception Site list.

If your system is 10.8.5 it is better to call admin consol from another machine which has older system 10.7.x

regards 

Robi

Your screenshot helped tremendously. Thanks! I was getting totally blocked when trying to install FMS11 on a Mac 10.8 system with Java 7 v51.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By igservices
      I'm running FMPA 16.02.205 and ScriptMaster 5.05 in MacOS 10.12.6.
      ScriptMaster doesn't retain the activation state from one start of the app to another. It's not totally consistent either.
      Any ideas why the activation of the plug-in isn't being retained between app restarts?
    • By 3rdparty
      I have been using the the scriptmaster plugin for sometime on a previous Mac, specifically for the Rotate Image function.  The instalation on the previous Mac would have been FMP12 advanced, Scriptmaster plugin from about Sept 2015, and Mac OS 10.11.xx    My solution used the function pasted into the startup script and although it wasn't fast, worked fine.
      I have now made a new installation of the Scriptmater Plugin, v5.05 on a new Mac running OS 10.12.5, FMP advanced 13, and there are a couple of strange things that appear to be assocaited with Java:
      1. When I launch FMP it does not come to the foreground.  Instead the foreground application is Java...
      2. When FMP is active, I see a Java application active in the dock.   This wasnt the case in my prevous installation of Scriptmaster where (if it was active), Java was not a foreground/visible process
      3. When I quit FMP, irrespective of whether the database that I was working on did or did not use a scriptmaster module or function, Java crashes and I get usual dialogue box "Java quit unexpectedly".  I have put a copy of the crash report here.
      Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

• By MikeKD
      Hi Folks,
      I've broken a pdf saving script which used to work. The filename itself hasn't changed so I don't think that's the problem (there are no /s for instance) - I'm pretty sure it's the file path and Mac OS re-organising itself to sync with iCloud.
      I'm trying to save PDFs to Dropbox and I think that the Dropbox folder on my my has changed location. According to info, the location is /Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library.
      The calculation I'm using to set the location variable is below; can anyone see where I'm going wrong? (I've also tried various combinations of filemac: / file: / .. / : etc having read the FM creating file paths webpage.)
      "filemac:../Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library/Set Lists/"  &  Gig::Gig Name & " - "  &  Gig::Version  &  " Set List.pdf"  
    • By LelandLong
      I read that the new 3.01 version does not require Java.
      When I run FMPAv16 on my Mac (10.11.6) and use the sample Email database it works just fine and I see nothing related to Java. I had the older v2.12 plugin installed on here and have just updated to v3.01 today.
      When I run FMPAv16 on a different Mac (10.11.6) and install the v3.01 plugin (never had the plugin installed on this machine before today) and run the sample database a Java App runs without any windows, Just visible in the lower right dock and its single menu is titled "Java"
      Any ideas as to this oddity?

Leland Long
    • By Mr. B
      We are Americans who are a non-profit and have a school for squatter children in the slums of the Philippines and would like to create student attendance database that provides various rewards. 
      Our goal is to encourage the kids to attend school who otherwise wouldn't and provide them with a reward point type of system. Each day they attend school, they get 5pts. If they remembered to wear their school uniform they get additional 5 pts.  At the end of the day or the end of the week, they can use their points and trade them in for rice, milk, things that will help them feed their family, get school supplies etc. 
      We would like to account for how often they come to track their daily attendance.  We are hoping to include other fields that would be helpful to medical assistance, needs, etc.
      As of now, we print and laminte, cutout little paper coins we give them and it is a lot of work. We have around 400-600 kids who attend class. Annually we have several large community events where we track the daily attendance during summer of up to 3,000 students who attend. This is all done by hand so a digital type system would really benefit, save time, manpower, and streamline what we are doing. 

To Summarize:
      - track attendance
      - reward attendance and such by point system
      - can use their student card points at cafeteria for snacks or for extra stuff as incentive to help their families.

If you know of something that would help us, or have some ideas, please let us know. 

~ Mark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.