Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
michele

Script on button in portal row doesn't show in DDR

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I just discovered something scary.  I wanted to check if a specific script was used on a layout as I wasn't sure anymore.  So I created a DDR.

 

When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

Still I felt a bit unsure about deleting my script, so I searched for it manually on my layout and...I found it.

I used it in a portal on a button (=text).

 

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

curious did you give the button object a name? - wonder if doing so would force it to be included in the DDR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your description is unclear. Can you provide an example or provide a more detailed description? What is "button (=text)" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was this an HTML DDR or an XML DDR?

 

The HTML DDR is a translation of the XML one so it could have been missed in the translation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

...

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

 

Hard to tell without being able to reproduce your issue.  Which I cannot do:

post-72594-0-31594300-1405914810_thumb.p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to apologize.  The DDR consisted of different parent folders and I appear to have a script with the same name in another parent folder.

@Comment it's your picture that made me go back to the DDR to take screen shots and realise there was something different going on. 

I should have tried to reproduce the error myself but I was 'stuck' staring at the script name.

 

Thank you all for your replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Agentshevy
      Hello everyone..
      Guess I have been away for a while. Not fully back though because I am not really engaged with computer tech stuff at the moment. However, I really stumbled across a problem earlier today while going through my email logs. I observed that a server script I had set up has not been attaching the Pdf file report as supposed to. It only delivers the message while leaving out the file attachment. I did test the script when I added it but what I did not test was the result when run by the server.
       
      Allow user Abort [Off]
      Commit Records/Requests [No dialog]
      Set Variable [$FileName;Value:"Summary"&".pdf"]
      Set Variable [$PDFPath;Value:Get(TemporaryPath) &".pdf"]
      Go to Layout ["Summary_Layout]
      Perform Script ["Print_Page_Setup"]
      Save Records as PDF [Restore;No dialog;"$PDFPath";Current record]
      Send Mail [Send via SMTP Server;No dialog]
       
      As at the time of my writing the script, I was not observant about server-side scripts. I did go back just recently to observe that the "Save Records as PDF" script step is not server compatible.
      Please, is there any work around on this? Much help is appreciated.
    • By sal88
      I've finally created a database design report for my eight year old database! Quite a few errors (see attached). Can anyone suggest which element I should tackle first? There have been reports of sluggish performance so I want to tackle that first:

      Many thanks
    • By Keith McKay
      I have two tables, A & B, with similar fields.  I want to write a script that will search table B for records that match the fields that are entered in table A.  I am not sure how to do this.  Any suggestions?
    • By Dave Ramsey
      Since FileMaker 16 now exports a plugin "source" code with the DDR (even if the plugin is not present) for plugin script steps, it would be helpful to have a way to identify a plugin based upon this "source" code.  It would be immensely helpful if developers could provide this information.  
       
      For reference the "source" code that I'm talking about is "FMmp" in the sample plugin source code.
       
      In the interest of gathering this information, I whipped up a Google Form for data collection.  To reduce misuse, this form is entry-only.  Once created, there is no way to edit a record.  If the information changes over time (say, you would like users to go to a different URL), just make a new record.  I can't speak for everyone else, but FMPerception will likely be using the last record available for each source code.
       
      At some later date, this may be expanded into a larger registry, but for now I'd just like to get some data.  Follow this link to fill out the form:
      FileMaker Plugin Registry Form
       
      I don't have any interest in being the only person with access to this information, so if you would like to view the results, feel free to click here.
      Plugin Registry - Google Sheets
       
      If there is some other registry, just point me to it, and I'll apologize for the distraction.
       
      Thank you very much.
      Dave Ramsey
       
      P.S.  Here's an example of how it looks when FMPerception knows about your plugin:
       

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.