get(triggerkeystroke)

This topic is 3366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FWIW, even I disagree …

So whatever happened to IsEmpty()?

Each to their own I suppose.  I wasn't able to get consistent results with IsEmpty(), in particular with V.9 since I have had it for so long,  so I found this to be a sufficient workaround.  Perhaps they have bulletproofed it since then.

Plus it is easy for me to reuse the code for something other than "IsEmpty".

Can you provide an example of an inconsistent result? I am not aware of any issue with the IsEmpty() function, in any version.

I didn't save any examples at the time, so I would have to recreate it in order to provide an example.  I think I was using FM to parse delimited text files generated by another program at the time (wanted to try it this way instead of writing a C program).  So the only thing I did was substitute that code out, and then it worked perfectly.  I have had no problem with using that since.  If it hasn't been a problem for you then that is great.

Wow guys. Such great advice, and some of it a little past my understanding. I have managed to come up with a work around to my original question.

I have a new dilemma though. I want to invoke a popover using a keystroke. I can script the object (in this case a popover button) being selected, but I'm failing to find a way how to activate the button from within the script itself (i.e. Executing the spacebar or Enter ASCII code without the user actually pressing that key in addition to the keystroke that initially ran the script).

This topic is 3366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.