Broken Links and lost files

This topic is 3129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What do we need to do to get this going?  Have a meeting to discuss ideas or ?  :smile3:

Clone myself. 

Just catching up on work since I've been off work for a while, when get some time we can revisit this. 

I wasn't trying to push you, Stephen, but rather take the task off your shoulders.  Sometimes it is a trap to feel too busy to delegate which, if you could delegate, would allow you more time to delegate.  Just know that we are willing to help when you are ready. :smile3:

I appreciate the help :D

here is the challenge to think about how to go about fixing this issue - some tasks I will have to do as it touches the database and will have to test on backups and offline copies.

• Isolate all posts that have the offending legacy urls.
  • export them to FMP
  • Develop a method to isolate all the legacy URLs from an HTML text field - (including all the needed html wrappers and tags. Possibly make a child table to list all the links found in the post body (ignoring file/image/gremlin, and external links)
  • Isolate the PID or the TID from the old URLs - some urls include both some only include the TID
  • Cross reference these with the conversion table to find matching new ID's
  • Possibly cross reference the LEGACY post to the other LEGACY post and get some key words from that post to find the actual new post on the live site.
  • Human eyes to compare the link in to see if really relates to the proposed target thread. ( have seen old threads urls that do not match anything in the new url format.
  • Capture the new url format including the SEO title.
  • Format the new URL and substitute it for the URLs found in the post body.
  • update live post table with new HTML content with un-broken links.

it's a join file PID / TID / IPB_ID 

There is a copy of it in the file. 

there is a field in the topic table the that has the seo_title that is derived from the subject / title of the topic.

topic ---< posts 

Edited by Ocean West

This topic is 3129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.