drjonesx    0

Hello everybody

I'm trying to convert number to text en dutch but it doesn't work

i had some problem with the calc field when i m trying ( some are good but other doesn't work)

is there someone that can help me to resolve this little problem cose i m not a dutch person ;)

I join the file that i made to be more clear

In advance thanks u

cardinal2txt NL.fmp12

dwdata    16

Hey drjonesx,

Don't know Dutch, but do know FileMaker ;oP

I took an old custom function and converted it for you. It may need a bit of debugging and far as language, but the numbers portion is pretty solid. I have it in a custom function for English and Dutch. I, also, included a NON custom function version in case you do not have FileMaker Advanced. Between them all you should be able to solve your issue.

Hope this helps!

Don Wieland
DW Data Concepts

cardinal2txt NLv2.fmp12

drjonesx    0

Thanks dwadata for trying to help me

but it s that the problem i need a dutch person cose in dutch some number are write in other way that english

for example when u write in english 23 u set the twenty the the three in dutch u set forst the three the the twenty :(

So that s way i m not arrive to do it cause i m not speak this language :( Grrrr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NewBoard
      I am designing a database for the inspection sheets used in our quality lab. Each of our parts has a different number of criteria that they need to be inspected for. This ranges anywhere from 5-15 dimensional requirements. I am wondering if there is anyway in FileMaker to display a varying number of both editable and uneditable fields. So for instance if somebody pulls an inspection sheet for a part with 6 different dimensional requirements, FileMaker will only show 6 uneditable fields describing the dimensions in question, and 6 editable fields for the user to type in their measurement. Then, if somebody pulls an inspection sheet with 10 dimensional requirements, it will display 10 instead.
      Thank you for any assistance you all can offer!
    • By Asu
      Hello FM Mavens, 
      I would like to be able to change an attribute (happens to be the size) of a selection in a text window with a script. (Basically, as if moving the size selector from the Formatting Bar into a button on a layout).
      I created a script that cuts the selection, puts it in another text field, makes the change, cuts it out and goes back to the original field but by then the insertion point is gone. I can manually paste it back of course.  I wonder if there is a way to remember the insertion point somehow and make it a so the paste step uses it. 
      Thanks
      Asu

• By Mike_k
      OK I admit it ... I'm stumped. I'm not a FileMaker professional, merely an enthusiastic tinkerer.
      I'm trying to create a feedback system where a series of standard questions are checked. Based on this, those questions answered 'yes' are combined together and those answered 'no 'are ignored. I have created 2 fields per criteria, 'Preset text' and 'preset question'. 
      So ...Preset message = 
      (if preset question 1 = yes, include ‘preset text 1’ else, blank){cr}
      (if preset question 2 = yes, include ‘preset text 2’  else, blank){cr}
      ….
      (if preset question 10 = yes, include ‘preset text 10’ else, blank){cr}
      I've managed to get the display of answers based on yes/no, but I can't get rid of the blank lines.
      I'm am probably going about this the wrong way, so any suggestions?
      thanks
    • By Oyseka
      Hi All,
      I am trying to parse text from a Job Card Items table into the related Job Card and not getting the correct result.. as the Items in the Job Card are completed any anomalies have to be reported on the Job Card and with up to 50 items in the Job Card Items there may be more than one anomaly to report, (very rarely more than two) . If the Findings field is empty I am just inserting the Variables but when the field already contains data I am using this to parse the text:
      Position ( JobCard::Findings ; ":" ; 1 ; 1 )&¶ & $ProdName &" "& $ItemLocation & " " & $QItemSerial
      On the second insertion I am getting this:
      PR00023 FC iLLume Unit FC0000084 Unit damaged:46
      PR00023 FC iLLume Unit  FC0000084

Where is the 46 coming from ?
    • By jax
      I use a formula to round a number to 1 decimal point and put brackets around it before plugging it into a text document. This works fine for most numbers but it fails for numbers ending in zero. They are instead returned by the function without any decimal, 1 nothing instead of 1.0. That's a bug as far as I can see. If I specify 1 decimal point and get none from the function, I consider the code broken.
      input:      numbers with variable decimal points, e.g. 2.345 and 1.0
      formula:    "(" & Round ( final grade ; 1 ) & ")"
      output:     2.3 (correct) and 1 (incorrect)
      expected:   2.3 and 1.0
      How can I work around this? I'm running FM Pro 12 Advanced.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.