Sign in to follow this  
mcsebot

List only authorized not showing

mcsebot    0

Haven’t found post of this problem so here I go.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Everything ran nominally under Server13, external authentication

After upgrading to Server14 (following instruction meticulously) none of the databases would show up until I unchecked “List only the databases each user is authorized to access”. When unchecked all the databases show to all users but they can only enter the one’s they have access to. This tells me that the External Authentication is still working properly but the File Display Filter is no longer working.
Note: this happens with all client connection types, Windows, Mac, Web-Direct, and GO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Couple of questions:

1.  Did you reboot the server after the new version was installed?

2.  Did you check to see that the files had the fmapp bit selected for network access?  Seemingly that is the case, but a check is always good.

Please let us know how this unfolds.  If filtering is broken, we need to alert them about that.

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dimitrios
      Hello,
      If I have two lists :
      ListA 
      Apples 20
      Oranges 15
      Pears 120
      ListB
      Apples 13
      Oranges 30
      Nectarines 70

... how can I end up to 
      Apples 33
      Oranges 45
      Pears 120
      Nectarines 70,
      with a custom function?

Thank you!

• By Brad Mathews
      I have a field that is a List of values I want to match records to. The field in the target table is also a List values.
      So my search parameters might be this list "A|B|F" (pretend | is a new line making a List) and my target search field might be "A|G|N". Since they both share the A, the record should match.
      I tried looping through each item in the search parameters list and doing a Perform Find on each, but each find overwrites the last. Apparently multiple search criteria do not add to the result set unless part of the same Perform Find.
      I tried some creative Find Requests like OneField = Length( FilterValues($SearchValues, ChildStatuses) ) > 0 - where OneField is the value 1, but that finds all records.
      How do I perform this find from a script?
      Thanks,
      Brad
    • By sal88
      Hi all
      I have a personnel portal (looks up values from the 'personnel table'). When I click a row then the associated personnel_ID is put in to a personnel_IDF field in a new record of a different table (Case_personnel). This second table is also displayed in a portal.
      No changes have been made to the 'personnel' table.
      How can I get the personnel portal to exclude records where the personnel_ID matches the personnel_IDF field in the Cases_personnel table?

• By Andreas T.
      Hi. I need help wrapping my brain around this problem.
      Assuming the following result from a SQL query:
      product1,A,B product1,C,D product2,U,V product2,W,X product2,Y,Z product3,K,L  
      How would one go about transforming it into this using a CF?
      product1,A,B,C,D product2,U,V,W,X,Y,Z product3,K,L Here each product has only one row and all remaining field data for the other rows with the same product in the first result is concatenatied into this one row.
      Or even into this
      { "label": "product1", "data": [ {"start": "A","end":"B"}, {"start": "C","end":"D"} ] }, ...etc This is actually the final JSON format I need.
    • By Montana50
      Hi,
      Server is Mac with El Capitan and FMS 14
      clients are all Windows machines.
      The path syntax to the server, should it be "Windows" or "Mac" fileWin:/.....  or fileMac:.....

TIA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.