After voting up the 'Time Picker' suggestion in Filemaker's new Product Ideas,  I thought perhaps I could just simplify the method of input without a picker and without punctuation.

- enter times using only numbers.
- AM/PM is determined by the Workday Starting Hour.
- use punctuation to override.

NOTE:
- the Workday Starting Hour only considers hours 1-12 right now.
- I have added a 'clamp' in the time fields auto-enter calc to the keep the start and end times logical.

Enjoy and please post any improvements 

RIVET_rapid_time_entry_v1.zip

• Like 2

this is excellent @rivet may have to use this in concert with what i've been working on http://fmforums.com/topic/98627-controlled-data-entry-design/#comment-448591 which was partly because the lack of a real time picker.

also modified the custom function to allow for fractional hours: like 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75

base0 = Substitute ( text ;  [ ".25" ; ":15" ] ; [ ".5" ; ":30" ] ;  [ ".75" ; ":45" ]  ) ;
base1 = Filter ( base0 ; "0123456789" ) ;

Hello rivet,

Once time has been entered and then deleted, the field defaults 12:00 PM.

Is there any way to change this?

Greg

Help, for some reason I can't get this to work when MacOS region is set to Canada.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    ddinisco  Josh Ormond  BruceR  Lee Smith  doughemi  MikeKD  Ocean West  bcooney  LaRetta 
  • Similar Content

• By bcooney
      We have users syncing using laptops all over different timezones. However, there is the possibility that the laptop's time/zone are not set to automatically update and either can be set incorrectly. Moreover, we cannot rely on any internet access. So, a user may travel from Rome to Moscow and never realize that the laptop's clock/zone is wrong. 
      We're looking for ideas to at least alert the user that they might have incorrect clock settings.
      Ideas welcome.
    • By Ali A.
      Hi.
      I have a search field, a user types his customer number in it.
      I want to when a user types his customer number and press inter-script run.
      how can I do this work? I use on object keystroke but when I want to type number script run and user can't type phone numbers.
      how can I fix this?

• By Poruchan
      Hi,
      Since I could not use 10ths of seconds in FMP I’ve been converting the time and presenting it this way [Time*24**60*60]. This is fine by me, but I suppose some users might not care for it. Is there a way to reverse this in FMP — to take, i.e., 73.3 and get back 1:13.3 or 1.13.3?

Thanks,
      Paul
    • By Tim Rawles
      Hi
      First of all I have only just started experimenting with MirrorSync and overall it's a pretty slick product.
      One issue I have come across is that my spoke database (on ipad) is showing time fields with values 1 hour ahead of the values in the hub database.
      When I connect directly to the hub from the same iPad or from a PC then the time values are as expected.
      As far as I can tell the server, PC and iPad are all configured to be in the same timezone (UTC / London).
      Any advice please?
      Tim
    • By adampwsmith
      (My first post to this forum - if I've misplaced this question please let me know and I'll happily move to a more appropriate folder.)

I'm trying to build a database that I can use to log video footage. I've a system that seems to be working for me so far, but there's a couple of tools that would be extremely useful to me and I can't find any way to make them happen.

Attached is an image of what it looks like at the moment.

I've got one entry for each film clip. I can name it, give it tags for people who appear in the clear or themes, make some notes about the type of shot and location, etc.    One of the key features is the portal on the right. I go through each clip, stop at significant moments, take a frame grab, and post it in a related table table that has the frame, the time, and a short description.
      At the moment I'm taking the frame grabs manually using Command-Shift-Control-4, area select, click, and then pasting that into the small container field. Then I manually enter the time and the optional description.
      What I really want is a function or plug in that lets me pause the video, press a button, and be able to get the current time of a movie in a container field, and capture the current frame.

The Troi plug-in can get timecode but only from an external file and it needs to be proper timecode format, which is not part of DSLR footage. And it can't get the image of a specific frame.

Is there any way to do this?   Thanks Adam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.