0x0 - illegal xml character

This topic is 2403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

1 hour ago, comment said:

Tell us something we don't know...

( that could be embarrassing  😋 )

I am not sure what you mean by that.

Simply put: every time I find a new character that crashes the export. I track it down and add it you my set field ( theField ; substitute( theField ; theChar ; "" ) before running the export.

11 hours ago, Joost Miltenburg said:

every time I find a new character that crashes the export.

So how many of those can there be? This is by now a long thread, but I believe they have all been listed, one way or another. Basically, you're talking about all characters between 0 and 31 except 9 (horizontal tab) and 13 (carriage return). I am not too sure about 10 (line feed), and 127 (delete) could be problematic too.

-----------------------
ADDED:

I know I just said this is already a long thread, but something is bothering me. I have just now constructed a file where one of the fields contains a NULL character (calculated). I am able to export this as XML, with or without XSLT, with no problems - and I see that the NULL character has been removed, just as I would expect. You say that this character, as well as others, crash your export. Can you provide an exact recipe to reproduce this result?

Edited by comment

• 3 weeks later...

If I get an error again, I will create an example. I can, quite reliably say, that having the 00x0-character crashes my export. These characters were copy/pasted into fields. Origin: unknown ( but probably Outlook.

In the mean time, I have created a substitute function that strips out characters that came up in this link: http://ascii-table.com/control-chars.php. Haven't had the error, since.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 2403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.