360Works Products Tested for FileMaker 17
FileMaker 17 is here, and we are excited for the update. At 360Works, we strive to provide the best possible service and support to our customers and to always keep our products compatible and flexible.
Testing our plug-ins with FileMaker 17 has been completed with each current version available on our online store. We are happy to report that we do not need to release any new versions of our plug-ins listed below, as the current versions you already have will continue to work. Other products we offer have also been tested, and will work with FileMaker 17.
Last year, we released a major update to our plug-in framework. If you haven't caught up with our big framework change, be sure to check out this article.
Install plug-ins with ease using the Install Plugin File script step in all environments. For legacy systems, auto-update is supported as well. Find out more at 360works.com/autoupdate.
Compatibility with the FileMaker Platform
360Works products are compatible with the following deployment options:
FileMaker Pro Advanced FileMaker Cloud FileMaker Server: scheduled scripts FileMaker Server: Perform Script on Server from FileMaker Client FileMaker Server: Perform Script on Server with WebDirect, Data API, and XML Web Publishing
We are delighted with the continued development and innovation of the FileMaker platform and in the FileMaker community. We are proud to be a partner and trusted resource in the FileMaker ecosystem.
"We use 360Works plug-ins with our clients without hesitation. They're easy to implement, and work dependably, and KEEP working dependably. Their excellent support is just the icing on the cake."
—Scott Love, Soliant Consulting
Current Products and Versions
Product Name Product Description 360Deploy 1.01 Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts 2.08 Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail 3.08 Send and track email marketing campaigns Email 3.08 Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker FTPeek 2.08 FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC 2.08 SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync 4.0 Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic 3.08 Payment processing plug-in RemoteScripter 2.08 Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet 2.01 FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe 3.08 Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster 5.09 Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer 2.9511 A better container field Web Assistant 2.08 Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager 1.7 Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu 2.1 FileMaker calendar sync If you find a couple of these products to be helpful, you may want to look into the 360Works Portfolio Bundle, where you can obtain the entire suite of plug-ins and add-ons with a savings of 75% off of the full price!
Stay updated with 360Works
Updated file management plug-in is compatible with FileMaker 17 and adds new functionality.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, May 15, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 10.0 for FileMaker 17.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker
- manage your images and movies, including reading and writing metadata
What is new in version 10.0?
Troi File Plug-in 10.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker 17.
- Added new Exchange Files script step and TrFile_ExchangeFiles function, which can (quickly) exchange two files on disk. You can even exchange files on different disks (but this may take more time).
- Added new TrFile_GetCodeSignInfo function, which returns code sign info of signed files (like applications and plug-ins).
- Added new TrFile_GetFileStructure function, which returns the structure of a movie (.mov) file: a list of all movie boxes (formerly known as atoms) in the movie. The movie boxes are indented to visualize the tree structure of the boxes. The result can be formatted as XML or as a more readable list of movie boxes. It can also return the structure of a ISOBMFF (ISO base media file format), for example MP4 or HEIC.
In Troi File Plug-in 10.0 we also added the following:
- Added new switch "-AllowDifferentVolumes" to the TrFile_MoveFile function, which allows the move of the file between different volumes (disks).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- Added new switch "-AddFolderSuffix" to the TrFile_ListFolder function: this will add a trailing slash to folders in the result, making them recognizable as folders.
- Improved the TrFile_DragAndDrop function and the Add DragAndDrop Handler script step so that they work with FileMaker 17. Also added a new switch to the TrFile_DragAndDrop function to help with the scrolling behavior when you use a drop zone for the drag destination. When you add the switch the position of the dropzone will scroll too when scrolling the FileMaker window. This option is also added to the script step "Add DragAndDrop Handler".
Furthermore we improved metadata support in version 10.0:
- The TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch "-SetEXIF" is now compliant with EXIF v2.3.1. It writes numerous tags introduced in EXIF version 2.3.1. Apart from these we added more tags to be written, including tags which are not part of the EXIF specification, but may exist in the EXIF data in some images. We also rewrote the code for this function, so that the plug-in now writes EXIF data that is better readable by PHP.
- (macOS) Added initial support for HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format) image files: the TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switch "-GetImageDescription" now returns a description.
Apart from these additions we made various further improvements and changes. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 10.0 can be found at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 10.0 is available for downloading at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Licenses cost US $ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 10.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after May 9, 2017. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 19, 2018.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 9, 2017, are available from US $ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
Updated serial communication plug-in for FileMaker Pro 16 with several improvements.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, January 17, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to external devices with a serial interface:
- read from and write to the (virtual) serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application
- native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database
- "Suspend/Resume Serial Port" script step to temporarily suspend the incoming data stream and resume it when you are interested in the data
- "Wait for Match" function to wait for a specific text before triggering
- the possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to trigger different scripts for different ports
What is new in version 5.0.1?
Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 is a maintenance release and has the following fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a problem with Serial_SetDispatchScript: you can now use a different wait string for each port.
- Added switch to Serial_Debug function "-UseTextAllBytes0To255": you can use this in combination with the switch "-TestTriggerScript". The plug-in will trigger a script with as test data all the bytes from 0 to 255.
- Improved the Debug.fmp12 example file, it now shows how to use the "-UseTextAllBytes0To255" and "-ConvertBytesToNumbers" switches. Also improved the Terminal.fmp12 example file, it now shows how to use the "-ConvertBytesToNumbers" switch when receiving data.
- (Windows) Added code signing to the plug-in for Windows.
- (macOS) Fixed a compilation problem with code signing and extended attributes in macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- Improved the log text when running FileMaker Server: more information is added to the log. After an unsuccessful attempt to register, the log now also adds the (incorrect) register text used.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 5.0.1 is available for downloading at https://www.troi.com/products/serialplugin/
A cross platform developer license costs US$ 999. Details can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 5.0.1 works with the 5.0 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a pre-5.0 version on or after June 2, 2016 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in May 2017.
Upgrades from a cross platform developer license bought before June 2, 2016 are available from US$ 499. You can order upgrades from our web site.
Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 16 improves stability.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, December 11, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5.1 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 4.5.1?
Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5.1 is a maintenance release and has the following fixes and improvements:
- (Mac OS) Fixed a crashing problem with installing or disabling the plug-in: FileMaker Pro no longer crashes when disabling the plug-in. Note: if you have installed version 4.5 you need to remove the plug-in manually to avoid the crashing. You will find instructions how to manually update Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5 here: https://www.troi.com/additional/manually-update-troi-activator-plugin-instructions/
- (Mac OS) Fixed a compilation problem with code signing and extended attributes in Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Improved type-ahead of external function names.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5.1 is available for downloading at https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 89 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
The 4.5.1 version works with the 4.5 version of the registration. If you bought a license for a pre-4.5 version on or after June 14, 2016 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users have been sent a new registration string in September 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before June 14, 2016 are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site.You can order upgrades from our web site.
End of year sale: all licenses 10% off!
Until the end of 2017 we offer a 10% discount on all Troi plug-in licenses! Order your new licenses and upgrades for any of the Troi plug-ins from https://www.troi.com/shop/ and enter the following coupon code upon checkout:
The coupon code is valid until December 31, 2017.