Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Viewer and possible workaround

This topic is 2440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greets, all:

I have a two-part question: Currently, when a user opens a URL in FM-GO, it's a two-step process for them to get to Safari so they have access to the slider in the iPad that splits the screen into halves or 1/4-width. A better solution would be to use the Web Viewer in the existing tab panel on the layout but there's doesn't seem to be much functionality to it--it's _very_ basic; I need it to do everything that you can do with/in Safari. Am I missing something in the Web Viewer or does it really such limited functionality?

Plan B: Back to the slider...

To save real estate, a possibility would be to make a narrow-width, but vertically lengthy, layout but with about 30 different fields that need to be readily accessible to the user so s/he can copy-and-paste the contents from those fields into a web form. I thought of possibly positioning them linearly (vertically) but then how would I enable the user to scroll through them like s/he would would in List mode or in a portal? I tried a self-join portal but that didn't work because it showed one record after another scrolling down the portal; I want it so a user can scroll through the litany of fields but _only_ for the current record. Is there a way to pull that off?

Any more of these brain hernias and I'm going to have to go to Costco for another bottle of Tylenol. TIA for your help!

This topic is 2440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.