RCC Extended Family ... First Responder... Las Vegas Shooting...

This topic is 2390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So...part of RCC's "Extended Family" is Bill Kapeles.   Bill has multiple hats... and is working on getting his Paramedic License...
He went to that Las Vegas Shooting and was on an Ambulance...as a First Responder.   I have no details... except he was up all night.   
Glad some of the "good guys" could get in there to help.   
I am proud of you Bill!!!  - RC

---------------------------------------------

From Bill's Wife: For everyone checking on me- thank you- I am safe.
> I was freaked out this morning because Bill was supposed to be home from his EMS shift last night and wasn’t. I was in bed at 9p last night and had no clue what was going on...when I turned on the news at 4a...I was concerned because I couldn’t get through on his cell phone.
> He was placed on call to cover the incident and didn’t have time to let me know. He arrived safely home at 5:30a this morning, exhausted. I am so happy he is safe and wasn’t physically injured during this horrific tragedy.
> Please pray for all of those affected -including their families who are dealing with the aftermath. I have friends who were at the concert who are thankfully PHYSICALLY okay, but are needing time to mentally deal with this.
> Needing some off-Facebook time. Blessings to you all

----------------------------------------------

For those of you texting/emailing to check on me with regard to the LV shooting, yes I was working at the time and responded to aid the victims. I am safe and off duty. Thank you for checking on me.

Update:  Bill transported many victims.   It sounds like the ambulances were overwhelmed.   At one point they had 3 in the Ambulance... all shot.  Several were critical.   A lot of confusion... "Was scared shitless at first…we thought it was a coordinated terrorist attack…had reports of gunmen and victims up and down the strip, at the airport, Lake Las Vegas.  It sucked. "

For those of you who know the kind of guy I am... Bill is even more so.   He doesn't scare easily.

Good Job Bill!!

---------------------------------------------

So apparently... they thought this was a more organized terror attack.  Nellis AFB apparently launch a squadron of fighters... to engage Air Threats... except there were none.   Apparently Vegas has a fairly well thought out defense plan.. that got activated.   I have no additional detail on the fighter launch.  Vegas is a good target... like New York, or Washington DC.

--------------------------------------

Update:  Apparently Bill's ambulance was the first at scene... I don't know that he uses FileMaker in the Ambulance.  He is still getting his Paramedic License. 

This topic is 2390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.