Select ODBC Data Source shows no entries

This topic is 2366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Trying to connect to an ODBC external data source in Filemaker Pro 16 Advanced

We have a windows 10 desktop with user DSN's and System DSN's specified, 

image.png.ed4dc7e4d8dc7bbd59aafafbe3872c62.pngimage.png.873c7d53fa1441313be64f88705c2795.png

However the Select ODBC Data Source shows no entries?

image.png.63d281948fcc68fff1f4358896ecf5f6.png

I have seen older posts saying that a System DSN has to be specified, but we did this and still nothing showing, is this a bug or am I missing a step.

• Newbies

Just wondering why you ask "  System DSN configured on the master machine (FM 16 Server)?" Because there is no server involved here just FM16 Pro advanced with a locally stored file trying to connect to an ODBC SQL database 

• Newbies

Sorry, I misunderstood. I asked because I’ve made the mistake of installing drivers on a client machine instead of the server.

Are you using the right SQL version SQL 2012, or 2016?

• Newbies

The server I am trying to talk to is a Windows server (not sure of the exact OS) and we can successfully connect using the ODBC drivers (ie in the ODBC settings we test connection and it completes with success. We can also connect using another application, Lotus Approach, using those same ODBC drivers. Someone else told me to try the 64 bit drivers so I will try that later today.

• Newbies

Yes, that’s probably correct! In Windows, if you’re using the 32-bit version of FileMaker Pro 16, you must use a 32-bit ODBC client driver; if you’re using the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 16, you must use a 64-bit ODBC client driver. In macOS, you must use a 64-bit ODBCclient driver.

This topic is 2366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.