Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying multiple relationships

jrm

This topic is 2338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FMP Advanced 16. Having an issue figuring how to achieve something.

I have three tables:

1. Stores - contains information on each store location (Store_ID, store name, location, sales volume)
2. Zip_Info - List of zip codes with fields for number of people in each zip code, plus a field to indicate this zip code is "targeted'
3. Zip_distance - list of each zip code and how far it is from each store_ID in table #1

#1 is related to #3 by "Store_ID"
#2 is related to #3 by "Zip"

The problem is that in table 3, there are multiple instances of zip (between 2 and 4, depending on the store). Not every zip has a listing for more than one store in table 3.

I have a screen set up as a "contact card" for each store in table #1. In it is a portal that shows me all the info in table 2 and table 3. This allows me to use the "targeted" field as a checkbox to select zip codes that I want to target. Fine so far.

What I would like to do is:
1. In the portal listing, show how many other locations also have a listing in table 3 for each zip code shown.
2. Find a way to list the store names that are also listed for the same related record (zip code).

I'm not sure if the above is entirely clear. Here's an example

Blue Store
relates to zip1 with 10 people and 1.1 miles away
relates to zip2 with 20 people and 5.6 miles away

Red Store
relates to zip2 with 20 people and 8.4 miles away
relates to zip3 with 8 people and 2.3 miles away

Yellow Store
relates to zip2 with 20 people and 9.2 miles away
relates to zip3 with 8 people and 5.3 miles away
relates to zip4 with 25 people and 6.6 miles away

I look at the record for Blue store and see the info for zip1 and zip2 in the portal. What I would also like to see is a "2" to indicate there are two other locations with proximity to that zip code. The second thing I would like to do is have some sort of listing which would show me that it is Red Store And Yellow store.

I am building this to help generate a marketing plan which reaches the best list of zip codes to cover my target audience.

This topic is 2338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.