Attaching a different pdf to each email

Rabernethy

This topic is 2249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello

I have inherited a database in Filemaker 12 on Windows, but I am completely new to databases. I have a script which generates and saves a pdf for each person using fields from their record. This works well.

I then have a second script which is meant to email each of these pdfs to the corresponding person. I have included screen shots of the script and the "send mail" options.

When I tested it by putting only my own email address in the To: box, it sent me hundreds of emails each with a different name in the text, and the correct corresponding pdf attached, as expected.

Very embarrassingly, when I tried to send the pdfs out, it sent an email to each person with the right name in the body of the text, but all with the same email attachment (for the first person in the list)! What did I do wrong?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

image.thumb.png.ded4afbd09f9ddc565fc595cbd5719c1.png

image.thumb.png.aee6fa6a01dafa94b114c6c784e9eaff.png

• Newbies

For anyone who has a similar question in the future: having "create multiple emails (one for each record found in set)" selected instead of "create one email using data from current record" was causing my immediate problem. I have now used my script as I intended. 

This topic is 2249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.