Layouts Wanted

This topic is 7984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It's time for me to do a "visual" upgrade to the FM database. I'm looking for ideas and was hoping that some of you would take a screen shot of your databases and post them so i can take a look. Don't worry, I'm not going to take them and sell them, Just want to make my DB's a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Thanks

-j

I don't have any full-size screenshots available online right now, but you can check out some FMP layout ideas on my site (go to portfolio). The images may be a little small, but maybe they'll spur the creative process.

HTH smile.gif

Here You Go: Like i said, it's pretty down and dirty. I'm thinking of going to a "tab" format, and take a bunch of the data you see and spread it out across more layouts. Everything started off simple, but as things got more involved, things just kinda got shoved on top of layouts. This is a DB that keeps track of auctions of ebay.

1.jpg

The Main Menu. As you can see, it started off nice, but as options got added, plain buttons were used.

2.jpg

The E-mail menu. Simple, outdated.

3.jpg

The Entry View. Ya i know, too much on this layout, but there's worse. Data covered to protect the innocent.

4.jpg

Picture View.

5.jpg

E-mail view. Shows all e-mails that have gone out and have been recieved for that particular auction. Related DB holds all e-mails ID'ed by auction #. User Address and Notes are in another related DB. Other auctions are a self-refrence to username to show other auctions won by the same user.

6.jpg

Down and Dirty Search Page.

7.jpg

An Example of what an e-mail looks like.

9.jpg

Master Listing, very ugly.

There ya go, you can stop cringing now! grin.gif

I don't have any full-size screenshots available online right now, but you can check out some FMP layout ideas on my site (go to portfolio). The images may be a little small, but maybe they'll spur the creative process.

I like the look of your pages. Wish they were higher resolution since you have so much going on, I'd like to get a better look at them.

Thanks.

Here you go. I placed some full-size screenshots on my site. They're a little big to view in a browser window, so you may just want to grab them. As you'll be able to see, I like using as much real estate as a client's monitor will allow. smile.gif

Click here to view 'em. Have fun.

This topic is 7984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.