Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Matrix Type Report

John Chamberlain

This topic is 2017 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FMP file that contains records that show eight metrics per entry (date, ethnicity, number of adults, children, etc.). 

This is data from a Food Bank, tracking types of food distributed, distribution dates, and family statistics for each distribution.

I need to construct a yearly report that presents this data in Month by Month lines and sliced in several ways: Number of adults, children and seniors  who did, or did not, make a scheduled pickup Breakout of the same data by Ethnicity Value of each pickup Etc. This could result in 10 data points times 12 months or 120 fields needed to make up the report (daunting for me at least).

I know I can export the data into Excel and then manipulate it into the desired formats, but I need to automate it, and I can’t figure out how to do it in FMP.

The attached file shows the data I am working with. (User name is John, with no password).

Also attached is an Excel page that shows how they used to report this data (note that they simply used rough estimates and presented it as factual numbers with no hard data backup.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SAMPLE.fmp12.zip

STATISTICS.xlsx.zip

Edited by John Chamberlain
clarification

This topic is 2017 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.