We recently upgraded from FMS 14 to FMS16 and one of our databases won't open via WebDirect due to the way it's named: the database title has an ampersand ("&") in it. This worked just fine for FMS14, but not for FMS16. The easiest solution seems to be to change the database title. I'm a little hesitant to jump into this because of a large number of externally held containers. How would one safely go about changing the database name (I'd like to change the "&" to "and") without losing the linked containers?
In case anyone's wondering, I didn't name the database; I inherited it.
$ exa -lT /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/ drwxrwxr-x - fmserver 7 Jan 16:20 /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/ .rwxrwxr-x 48 fmserver 7 Jan 16:20 └── timestamptotmp.sh here is the content of the script:
$ cat timestamptotmp.sh #!/bin/bash echo $( date ) >> /tmp/timestamp.txt The script runs fine as user fmserver when ran from command line and as any other user on the system as follows:
sudo su su fmserver /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh $exa -lT /tmp/ drwxrwxrwt - root 7 Jan 16:31 /tmp .rw-r--r-- 140 fmserver 7 Jan 16:46 └── timestamp.txt
$ tail -f /tmp/timestamp.txt Mon Jan 7 16:31:22 CET 2019 Mon Jan 7 16:46:40 CET 2019 Mon Jan 7 16:46:44 CET 2019 Mon Jan 7 16:46:47 CET 2019 Mon Jan 7 16:46:55 CET 2019 When I try to run this script from the scheduler the error is "User Aborted" for type System Script; and "Script is Missing or is invalid" when ran as part of a Script Sequence.
Anyone with experience in this? I have solved the issue "User Aborted" `chmod 777 /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Scripts/` So I can run some "System Script"s, but for "Script Sequence" the same scripts that runs as "System Scripts" does not run.
I suspect wrong error message.
I find no details in FileMaker Server console logs, and`tail -f /var/log/system.log` also has no more info.
However here I find the actual error:
$ tail -f /Library/FileMaker\ Server/Logs/stderr fmshelper: failed to exec() '/Volumes/FMTestServer/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Scripts/timestamptotmp.sh', error Exec format error
As I was not able to make the GUI approach in beezwax blog to work; I wrote this blog / HOW-TO on how to sign your own certificate mainly on command line: https://github.com/TyrfingMjolnir/SelfSignedCert
I wrote this blog / HOW-TO after doing a deployment for a KYC( Know Your Client ) system for a financial institution.
I've been having this problem for quite a long time now and I need help because I'm stuck. I had to switch from default SMTP send function to BaseElements plugin in the solution of my Company because of some issues and advanced functions we needed.
Now every e-mail which is sent from the server with BE_SMTP_Send is received without any date on it.
The server machine is running Windows Server 2016 and FMS 16.
These are the script steps I'm using and they're working fine except for the mentioned problem:
Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Server ($out_server; $out_port; $address; $pass)] Set Variable [$send_m; Value: BE_SMTP_Send ( $address; List("email@example.com"; "firstname.lastname@example.org"); "Subjetc of the e-mail" ; "Text of the e-mail"& ¶ & ¶ & "Greetings") These are the info pages about the two functions:
BE_SMTP_Server BE_SMTP_Send I hope somebody could enlighten me a little bit. Thank you in advance.