Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Go 12 access

This topic is 1822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

This is a rather unorthodox request, but I seem to have no other means of getting a working solution.

I'm a veterinarian who does volunteer vet work in remote Aboriginal communities in Northern Australia.  As a part of our work, I've put together what I hope will be a very useful Filemaker database to manage details about our patients which I had hoped to use on an iPod touch.

I have had an iPod Touch kindly donated to use for our project, however it's an iPod touch 4G running iOS 6.1.6 and as I'm sure you're aware that means that the current versions of Filemaker Go 16 and 17 are incompatible with the iPod as it is.

Having spoken to a representative from Filemaker, they told me that my only recourse is to speak to someone who has previously downloaded a compatible version of Filemaker Go on their iTunes account and to get their login details to then allow me to connect the iPod and download Filemaker 12 that way.

We are a very small operation and unfortunately don't have any funding to buy newer hardware, as much as we'd love to. 

So, if there's anybody out there who has previously downloaded Filemaker 12 (which I think should work ) on their iTunes account and would be ok temporarily sharing their details with me I would love to hear from you.  I'd be happy to use TeamViewer so that I never even needed to know your login details if that works for you.

Alternatively if anybody has any other options I could go about to be able to use my database on the iPod Touch I would love to hear them too.

Kind regards,

Cam

This topic is 1822 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.