MirrorSync 6 advanced topics

This topic is 1534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok I am calling you out on this. Any progress on updating this page?

In particular the customization section? What about $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN. There is some confusion regarding the comments. Don't set on server it would be bad, and yet one script step ignores the validation that was used to set it. How is customization really implemented. I have struggled with that and already have a case started and that’s a separate issue from this topic.

Nate

Ok so how about an answer on this at least

Line 11 of MS script

Set Variable [ $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN ; Value: "" //Anything you put here will be passed through to the customization script on the server. This is typically used for filtering records for different users that all share the same FileMaker account name. ]

Line 174 of same script under customization settings

If [ Get ( MultiUserState ) ≠ 2 //Never set $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN on the server; that would overwrite the value we receive from the client ]

// Set Variable [ $$MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN ; Value: "" //Anything you put here will be passed through to the customization script on the server. This is typically used for filtering records for different users that all share the same FileMaker account name. ]

End If

Where do we set the user token? Line 11 contradicts the check that happens within the customization that is set at line 174 (as per the comments on the lines of the script). Now using something like say FMStarting point I would like to set the user token at startup, I would think that checking my connection state would be the correct solution. But it would also appear that if you just follow the direction on line 11 and consider how many times that the script loops back and forth I will essential overwrite the value of the global if I set it there.

the other point though is line 11 script steps are new this must correlate with using the filmmakers data api as this did not appear in version 5 in this way. So they must be important right? It's not like the rest of the sync script looks exactly like version 5 in the customization section. I mean filtering must still exist right?

🤷‍♂️ “if only we had up to date documentation"

This topic is 1534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.