Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How do I give a plugin permission to control the computer

This topic is 1568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to use the BaseElements plugin to execute an AppleScript a few seconds after the FileMaker script (the AppleScript creates a DDR using interface scripting and doesn't seem to work when using Perform AppleScript). This used to work, but I think the new security settings for macOS are preventing it from doing so now.

The calculation being used to execute the AppleScript is 

BE_ExecuteSystemCommand ( $_cmd ; 0 )

where $_cmd has something like this: 

(sleep 2 ; osascript "/var/folders/2d/1p6b7tb14tl_g3rrfjyn_jp40000gn/T/S10/create_ddr.applescript") &

If I paste that command into the terminal, it works fine, but Terminal has permission in System Preferences to control the computer.

FileMaker has the same permissions, but I assume BaseElements is a separate process and would also need permission, and that's why nothing's happening.

Am I correct? If so, is there a way to give BaseElements the permission? If not, what else might the problem be?

Well, never mind. I got into contact with Goya and the developer tells me that it used to work and now doesn't because of a change they made to what function BE_ExecuteSystemCommand calls, and now it won't allow the stringing of shell commands. So I did it with Keyboard Maestro instead.

This topic is 1568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.