Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationship Data between Layers

This topic is 1500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello! I apologize in advance for having this nonsense written. I am just lost and need help! 

I am trying to develop a 'small software' that can handle my lighting design information.  I am  trying to get relationships between multiple layers to correspond to each other. For example. 

I want to label Scene Titles in proper places for my Spot and Lighting Cues.  I have a scene management layout where I can designate where these scenes go however! I don't understand how to link it. 

Example.

Scene 1 is a Pre-Show Label on Light Cue 5 and Spot Cue 1. (Example Record for Cue is Record7 LIGHT CUE 5, and Spot Cue 1Record2 SPOT CUE 1

So I tell that record line to export that label to the SPOT CUE 1 Layout page ( both of these are on different database tables) Scene Title Field. 

So my Scene Layout is like so

SceneSong:SceneTitle

Scene Num-Scene Title-SceneType-LXCUE-SPCUE

Then my Cue and Spot Cue Page looks similar. 

How can the Scene Title properly export its contents to the correct layout and record # based on either that record or a designated field. I would rather put what Cue # than Filemaker record 

I have files and screen shares of what I am doing. I appreciate any and all help. Please feel free to comment below and lets chat! 

Visit here for screen grabs of what I am saying. https://www.joelpmckenzie.com/follow

2 minutes ago, jelly0097 said:

Hello! I apologize in advance for having this nonsense written. I am just lost and need help! 

I am trying to develop a 'small software' that can handle my lighting design information.  I am  trying to get relationships between multiple layers to correspond to each other. For example. 

I want to label Scene Titles in proper places for my Spot and Lighting Cues.  I have a scene management layout where I can designate where these scenes go however! I don't understand how to link it. 

Example.

Scene 1 is a Pre-Show Label on Light Cue 5 and Spot Cue 1. (Example Record for Cue is Record7 LIGHT CUE 5, and Spot Cue 1Record2 SPOT CUE 1

So I tell that record line to export that label to the SPOT CUE 1 Layout page ( both of these are on different database tables) Scene Title Field. 

So my Scene Layout is like so

SceneSong:SceneTitle

Scene Num-Scene Title-SceneType-LXCUE-SPCUE

Then my Cue and Spot Cue Page looks similar. 

How can the Scene Title properly export its contents to the correct layout and record # based on either that record or a designated field. I would rather put what Cue # than Filemaker record 

I have files and screen shares of what I am doing. I appreciate any and all help. Please feel free to comment below and lets chat! 

Visit here for screen grabs of what I am saying. https://www.joelpmckenzie.com/followme

This topic is 1500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.