Networked Printers, Multi Client deployment

Harry

This topic is 1243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Board.

I may be searching the incorrect terms; but I can't find an answer to my problem.

I have built a system, it's running on FMS18 and multiple client users access it throughout the day. One part of the system is a quality check screen at a physical bench/station - items are scanned and labels are printed out as required, records are created and used elsewhere. There are three label formats.

Each station has three label printers - Citizen 631's. They are networked printers. I would like to have more than two bench/stations operating this process in the future.

Can someone point me in the direction of information that would help me to ensure that the scripts run by Operator 1 send the print jobs to their printers, and the same scripts run by Operator 2 are sent to that operators printers?

Bench 1 Operator 1

Printer_1 - Citizen 631 - 90x25mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.100

Printer_2 - Citizen 631 - 50x50mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.101

Printer_3 - Citizen 631 - 40x25mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.102

Bench 2 Operator 2

Printer_1 - Citizen 631 - 90x25mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.103

Printer_2 - Citizen 631 - 50x50mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.104

Printer_3 - Citizen 631 - 40x25mm Label - IP(example) 192.168.2.105

I can't make two operators work. The only way I can make this work is if I connect the three printers via USB locally to each PC and name them the same as the ones connected to Operator 2's PC (Printer_1, Printer_2, Printer_3), so they can be found by the scripts.

It feels as though I'm looking at this solution incorrectly or missing some information. What strategy can I use to make the networked printers operate?

My IT support lean heavily towards IP printers, because they can be centrally monitored and controlled.

If it's not possible, I can go USB, with a powered hub or other.

Thank you!

Edited by Harry

This topic is 1243 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.