Not a server Problem - I cannot launch a clean install of Filemaker 14 or 15

This topic is 1031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please help!  I am upgrading 2 of my company laptops.  We're a small service company and only have 3 people using FM to do the scheduling, A/R, etc.  The previous laptops ran Windows 10, so I don't see why this is a Windows problem.  I set up the new laptops and installed Filemaker but it was about the 4th application I installed.  One of the machines was running 14 and the other 15.  For both machines, when I tried to launch FM, I would get the spinning icon and then nothing.  I have watched the list of applications and processes while I try to launch.  It flashes for a half a second under processes but not as an application.  Then it disappears completely.  I did a factory reset on one of the two laptops and installed FM first thing and the same problem happens. 

I have Googled this issue and keep running across articles that aren't helpful or recommend doing a clean install.  Well, I've done that and nothing changes.

I own copies of FM 18 but am not ready to pay the tripled rate for hosting (over the hosting plan for 14/15) and have stuck with 14/15.  I did get FM 18 to install and run but at the end of the installation process, it told me it did not install but it did.  I have not tried opening a file with it yet.

This topic is 1031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.