Server Maintenance This Week. ×

File Backup System - XP/2K Problems

mgb99

This topic is 7926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Everyone!

I designed my runtime solution to allow the user to backup the user's data file upon quitting/closing the program. At initial run, I use the Troi File plugin to create a backup folder within the runtime app's folder (which the installer installs in the Applications folder for both Mac and WinTel machines). Upon closing the data file, the Troi File plugin then uses the data file's path and the backup folder path (which are both stored properly--I've checked this many times) to copy the original file to the backup folder.

The backup system works fine for Mac Classic, OS X, Win98 and WinME. However, the initial run on either Win2k or XP places the folders on the desktop and, of course, the backups are not generated since the file/folder path for creating the backup does not exist. I even tried changing the file destination path to the desktop folder's path, but this doesn't work either.

I also tried changing the folder install for Win2k/XP path to the primary startup drive's root level (ex., C:/Backup Folder) and then changed the backup file install path to reflect this new destination. The folders were then properly installed, but, you guessed it, I still can't get the data file to be copied to the backup folder.

I'm a Mac person and am far from being a WinTel maven. I know this is an Windows permissions/privileges issue, but I have not been able to figure out how to solve this. Anyone out there have the magic key to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Marc

This topic is 7926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.