Date Validation

This topic is 7923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a date field in a fmp 4.0 database and currently have the following calculation to make sure the user enters a date in the future.

date > Status(CurrentDate)

but now i need to change it so the user has to enter a date that is at least 1 day in the future. e.g today is 13/08/2002 so the earliest date the user can enter would be 14/08/2002.

• Newbies

Thanks for your help but i dont want to allow the user to be able to enter todays date because it's in an ordering system where you type in the date that you want your order to be made up which has to be at least 1 day from the date the order is placed

so i have to use the current date + 1 day but dont know how to enter this in the calculation field

Well, if you don't want to validate field and hence present to user an warning dialog than you need two fields on for data input and second, calculated for error correction (obviously you should use the second one for any meanings)

So let say that you have field date now create an calc field say dateCorrected as result date

If(date>Status(Currentdate),date,Status(Currentdate)+1)

Finally overlay those fields with dateCorrected on top and make it opaque and with option allow entry into field unchecked (the "date" field itself should have this option checked, however)

HTH

Dj

This topic is 7923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.