Server Script Schedule Alternatives?

This topic is 924 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am working on a FileMaker solution that needs to pull data from Quickbooks (likely a couple of times per day, using FM Books Desktop), compare the QB data against corresponding FileMaker data and then perform various actions depending on the results of the comparison. Normally for this kind of thing I would set up a script schedule on the FileMaker server, but I don't believe that is a possibility with the FM Books connector for Quickbooks Desktop. I would also love to avoid setting up a robot/pseudo-server machine for this single use. The only other idea I've had is to pull the data from QB whenever the FM solution opens or when users start specific tasks (skipping the process if it's run recently) and then hand off the rest of the process to the server whenever possible. The primary drawback to this approach would be a 20-ish second lag for a user when pulling the data and about a 30 second lag if we have to wait for the comparison and resulting actions (on open vs. task-initiated update). That's not a dealbreaker, but it also isn't ideal. 

Has anyone here found a better workaround to scheduled server scripts when using the FM Books connector?

Thanks.

This topic is 924 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.