Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Question About FileMaker 12.x Documentation

Lisa M.

This topic is 952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings all:

while looking for information about a recently asked question, I was able to find that Claris still has this absolute goldmine of information on their website:

what: FileMaker 12 Documentation

where: https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/12/fmp/en/index.html

last accessed: 2021.09.16 @ 17:54 PST

Does anyone know if they still by any miracle have a fully tagged/bookmarked version of this as a PDF?   by tagged/bookmarked PDF I mean the document has to have a navigation tree like the example below

54F270D8-9665-4020-BF87-931EA10C362B.thumb.jpeg.aad92f68bc29cb7df57c40d2edf1c929.jpeg

screen 1: Example PDF with navigation bookmarks displayed in a mobile PDF Reading app (not Adobe or iBooks)

D80594B5-3065-44BE-ABE2-CF6070A4ED0A.thumb.jpeg.5a9789ca1ff425545dc13b4fa0e0ff3f.jpeg

screen 2: Example PDF with no navigation bookmarks displayed in a mobile PDF Reading app (not Adobe or iBooks)

does anyone know if they still have a KnowledgeCenter like the one linked for server 12.x and/or a PDF manual containing such knowledge?

again, I thank everyone for any help given in the pursuit of this increasingly hard-to-find documentation. I’ll make an edit here if I happen to stumble across the server KnowledgeCenter 

EDIT: While not a web KnowledgeCenter like the above link for FileMaker Pro and Advanced, a bit of googling turned up this link

What: FileMaker Server 12 Help

where: https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/12/en/fms12_help.pdf

last access: 2021.09.16 @ 17:54

which was linked from a page in their forums: https://community.claris.com/en/s/article/11237

the link for FileMaker Pro 12 help points to help for 19, so I don’t know if that link would’ve originally pointed to the web KnowledgeCenter linked above or another PDF manual. But I might have partially answered my own question

Edited by Carly F.
Updated links

Hi Again Everyone:

A Quick Note Before We Begin: I don't know how far back I can edit a previous post so to be on the safe side, I'm putting this update in its own post (admins/mods please feel free to merge this post into my previous post if you find it necessary)

I don't necessarily know how "complete" this one is.; by using the Wayback machine (archive.org) I was able to track down copies of every PDF an sample file along with some application specific documentation for users of JAWS for Windows Screen Reading Software versions 12-15.  Effectively I have every 12x. PDF listed in the linked page below*.

What: FileMaker Product Manuals and Documentation

Where: https://support.claris.com/s/article/FileMaker-product-manuals-and-documentation?language=en_US#FMP12

Last Access: 2021.09.16 @ 19:59 PST.

* Note: a good bulk of documentation links still work in the above link; however, There were a few items that did not work and had to be pulled from Wayback machine.  The (non-exhaustive and probably incomplete) list of files needing to be pulled from archive is:

1 Tutorial (and accompanying sample file)

2 Functions Reference

3 Script steps reference

For the sake of completeness I archived each linked file (even if the same file appears in more than 1 section)

Find attached the ZIP File with Everything I could reasonably get my hands on.  Please also note that I do not own nor do I claim to own or have any interest in the included PDFs, or other files included in the attached (including copyright, patent, or other intellectual property rights).  I simply obtained these files and packaged them up for archival purposes if someone needs them in the future.  All IP an other rights remain solely with FileMaker, Inc. (FMI) (now Claris) and its suppliers, partners, contractors, and other relevant 3rd parties.  All documentation is Copyright/Trademark FMI.  Any trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks where used are the property of their respective owners.

FileMaker_12_PDF_Bookshelf.zip

Hope this helps someone in the future

Edited by Carly F.
Fixed spelling errors found (and probably added more) while reviewing this post with a screen reader on my handheld

This topic is 952 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.