Provided name and password cannot be used to access file message Big Sur FM 19.3.2.206

yaqui

This topic is 944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Howdy FM19 Gurus,

I am a simple photographer who has been using Filemaker for my billing and database purposes since FM 7. I have tried a few times to use quickbooks or other apps, but they just don't do it for me.

The issue I am having, and maybe it is a simple one, is I am getting a message that says, "Provided name and password cannot be used to access file." I have my username already in the first field, and the password, or what I think was the password is not working. I have tried a number of different passwords too.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled FM19. So I don't think it is an issue with the FM program. I did recently update to Big Sur a few weeks ago, and can't remember if I have used FM since then. I think the problem is a keychain issue. I am at a loss. I have looked at my keychain access and did not see the login listed there. 

I use FM19 maybe an hour a week, and please forgive my ignorance. I just want back into my billing program that has all my clients info and my billing layout.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

This topic is 944 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.