Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SLOW Container Uploads to FMS hosted databases, A FIX

This topic is 765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Wanted to share a fix with yall. I had been struggling to find a solution that clients began to report to me months after they first noticed (which made tracking down any changes that may have lead to this difficult). Uploads to containers slowed in a major way. What used to take 1 second, took 1-3 minutes. It didn't matter if the container was stored internally or externally, encrypted or not. Since many of my applications are in the arts with a significant number of image uploads, this became majorly problematic. I had searched this and Claris's forums, and only found suggestions like replacing the SSL certificate, saving the files as condensed copies, reinstalling the server, though none of these helped. A quick phone call to Claris Support clarified the problem. macOS Security updates for post 10.15.7 systems included an Apache update which lead to a communication lag between the Apache web server and the FileMaker Server that impacted file uploads to the server, container uploads, and Data API uploads. Claris released a patch to fix this, and Claris Support provided me the link. In case you are struggling with this problem on macOS FileMaker Servers, here's a link to a relatively quick fix: 

https://support.claris.com/s/article/Q-A-Uploading-files-to-FileMaker-Server-fails-or-files-upload-slowly-after-upgrading-Apache-Server-to-version-2-4-51?language=en_US

This topic is 765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.