PDF Formatting problem

This topic is 697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am putting data into the PDF perfectly, the data that is. Odd problem I have run into is Formatting. 

I write to some fields on the PDF that are defined as a "Number" with a leading dollar sing and 2 decimal points. However when the data gets written to the field, it truncates "0's" (ie 456.70 becomes 456.7) and also does not add the dollar sign.  However if I delete out the last two digits (decimals), tab out of the field, then tab back in and put the decimals back, the formatting applies. 

Additionally, the "total" field that adds up the number fields always has a "0", it is as if it never updates.  I can write a value to the "total" field, but I like elegant and the PDF document should be able to do that. If I open the Document on its own, all fields behave as they were formatted to behave.  It does add up after I correct the number fields above it. 

Odd thing is the basic text formatting i have defined all applies as I would expect: Size, font, alignment (flush left as opposed to centered).

I have a feel ing this has to do with the data being aded in the container field instead of through a program like Acrobat.  

Anybody have any ideas on how to format the numbers so that they go in as I would expect them. 

Image 1, data after putting it in. Image #2 after I went into the Field, deleted out the decimals, tabbed out, went back into the field and put the decimals back....... formatted and total now adds up. Same is true with the "unit Price" field. This is consistent across all number fields that I formatted. . 

1830601249_PDFFormatting1.JPG.5568d72844daab75f17fde58e49c3e1e.JPG1111715916_PDFFormatting2.JPG.26b96166f55c6a31de532c685a2297ac.JPG835297511_PDFFormatting3.JPG.49f9f089fb12b1983e16c68ef2103e7e.JPG

Edited by trebor97

This topic is 697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.