Newbie question: MirrorSync / two servers?

This topic is 599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I host my FM database on FMPHost. I run a lot of time-intensive, scheduled scripts (e.g., payments, emails, etc) throughout the day that slows down my website for users (via PHP web publishing). 

Ideally, I'd run my scheduled scripts from database A and my website from database B to avoid slowdowns -- not sure if I'd need two servers. Would MirrorSync be a solution to this problem and if so, what configuration would I need?

Hello jvickey21, 

MirrorSync will absolutely help with this issue. You could either:

a) Set up a Server to Server sync configuration like the example you provided. This would provide a way for your scripts to still run in Database A and the sync will take care of copying the changes made by these scripts to Database B. However, this method may create a new problem of a long running sync if your scripts are modifying a large amount of records...

b) Set up a Server to mySQL database sync configuration (recommended). Since you are already using PHP, it should be easy to set up the mySQL sync. In this configuration, you would run your website from the mySQL server.

Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. 

Thanks,

Julian Robinson

Junior Software Developer

360Works

This topic is 599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.