Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is Developer Utilities broken?

This topic is 370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Forum,

It's been a VERY long time since I used the "Developer Utilities" menu. The reason is that I have a very old development here, and as it happens a lot of times, the (DYI) customer started out with files having a certain goal, but they evolved into completely other files, and now the filenames are completely wrong.

It's about 60 files, and I thought I do the experiment with renaming 1 file, and see if things would go well.

And they do not. The file gets renamed, all the other files get copied, and the file reference is not adapted in any file.

Are these file references not supposed to be adapted? Just to be sure, I looked it up:

https://help.claris.com/en/pro-help/content/developer-utilities.html

Look like it supposwed to do it.

rename a set of database files and automatically update the internal links to related files and scripts

The log file goes like this:

24/04/2023 09:11:49    Log Started...

24/04/2023 09:11:56    ...Ending Log.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed broken, or am I missing something?

It turned out not to be too bad. For some reason the last file of the 60 files is not getting processed, but I think I remember this bug from years ago.

One file got corrupted in the process, and could not be opened on startup.

4 or 5 references to the renamed file were not adapted, 20 references were adapted.

Untrustworthy little old tool, but it beats adapting those refs manually. I just hope it doesn't mess things up more than it is supposed to fix.

Over and out.

This topic is 370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.