Server Maintenance This Week. ×

External Authentication on MacOS?

• Newbies

Hello!

We've been using external authentication custom Oauth with Okta for the better part of the year with no issues with our FM windows clients, but have not been able to authenticate on MacOS.

When opening the FM file, regardless of FM version, no option for external authentication is displayed, only the Account Name and Password sign in fields are displayed. Originally I thought this was a limitation of FM software on MacOS, but I cannot find any documentation confirming this. Windows clients are accessing the same file with no issues, and under File Options, "Show sign-in fields even when OAuth or AD FS is enabled" remains checked because we still have a few local accounts accessing the file.

This is a little bit unusual.  You are using what version on Macintosh of FileMaker Pro?  Version 19??

A few items to check:

• Does your deployment of Macintosh OS have any security policy or group policy that might be blocking any part of the FileMaker Pro application?
  • Have you tested this on a Macintosh machine not under type of internal security control?

Steven H. Blackwell

Platinum Member Emeritus

• Newbies

We are running FM 19.6

No policy on deployment for our mac's, we are primarily a windows environment so the macs are all managed individually

I did disable our antivirus on one of the machines and there's no change.

Greenshot 2023-07-10 16.22.56.png