Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Apple discriminating based on size

I have the following situation at a cutomer of mine:

• FileMaker Go solution that is deployed via MDM software on ten employees' iPads. This is done via the runtime binding of FileMaker Go via XCode, making the solution an iOS application.
  • An "In House" development certificate is required for this. Any other solution won't work. So I am included as a paying Apple developer in the team of my customer's subscription, and the customer then has the right to deploy "in house".
  • After almost 10 years of cashing 300 $/€ per year so we can generate the certificate yearly, Apple has decided not to renew my customer's annual subscription. The absurd reason given is that my client (now) has fewer than 100 employees, and thus therefore does not meet the requirements for this developer program.

The strange thing about this decision is that Apple doesn't actually offer an alternative. They apparently do not realize that they are terrorizing their faithful customer  - this really is an Apple bastion - and boycotting the product of their daughter company Claris. Not to talk about my business as well. Maybe I should not call it terrorism, but it is certainly some kind of discrimination based on the number of employees. After several conversations, the contacts at Apple still seem oblivious to reason.

I find it hard to believe that Apple behaves this way towards its loyal and paying customers.

I can understand why Apple does not offer certain products to a market that is not interested in them.

I can understand a bit less that Apple refuses to sell certain solutions to companies based on their size.

I cannot understand why Apple takes away a subscription from a customer when their company does not meet size requirements anymore.

My customer is forced to sue Apple and demand damages, in order to find the budget to rewrite a solution based on another platform. Which will be extremely difficult, as the whole company is FileMaker based.

Does anyone know a good contact person at Apple who is above this mindless following of stupid rules?