Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Exporting Calc Field with Colored and Bold format

shoil

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Problem --

Over the course of a month I export 200-300 personalized emails from Filemaker to Eudora. I'm simply sending the contents of a calcuated field. I want some of the lines to be in BOLD or RED and right now I have to go through each email by hand. Is there a way to format this text in Filemaker so that I can avoid this tedious task? (HTML tags don't work.)

----Thanks in advance, The Scripting Novice

Export won't work because only data gets exported, and data has no formatting.

Apart from generating embedded HTML code I know of no method... not that I've got embedded HTML code to work. frown.gif

I've worked with embedded html formatting in various contexts, but I confess I've not tried passing it to Eudora. I'll take your word for it that it doesn't work - Eudora provides only limited support for html in other contexts.

I suspect that the most elegant solution to your problem would be achieved by bypassing Eudora and inveseting in one of the email plug-ins such as SMTPit or Mail.it. This would enable you to embed html formatting within the calc and transfer it direct to an outgoing email from within FileMaker (without being dependent on the vagaries of an installed email client such as Eudora).

This topic is 8005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.