Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Button 'Clicking' interacting sounds

This topic is 7962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

How can I make a button 'play' a custom sound when it has been pressed to give the user some 'feedback' to using a database? I have tried looking at the scripts but have very limited knowledge all I can get is the beep and the computer to speak! but I would much prefer a sutle sound effect.

Charles

Create a global container field and import the sound into that field. Each time you want to play the sound use the "Go to Field [select/perform]" script step.

I just did a similar button where I set the size of the container field to .025 by .025 inches and matched the font color and field color to the same color as the button. I then placed the sound container on the right edge of the button. On a Windows PC, the Quicktime player tries display, but because of the minimized container size it only shows a small vertical line. That's why I put it on the edge of the button to "hide" the line. On a Mac, the line doesn't show.

My button, Tech Support Phone Numbers, plays a sound bite from Star Wars - Princess Leia saying " Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" and then pops up a message box with my phone numbers. It always helps to know the 'culture' of the customer, they loved it.

This topic is 7962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.