Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Comparing Value in a portal

damon_albran

This topic is 7949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a price history database related to a product database, that I've a portal showing the price history on the product master, and that portal is sorted by date, so most update price should always on top. The problem I facing is I want filemaker to compare the latest price and the second latest price (the 1st and the 2nd row of portal), I know how to get the latest price by calculation, but it seems no way to retrieve the price on second row. I know it could be done by script, but I hope it could be automatically based on calculation field. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

damon

I will assume that the history for every selected product is not infinite (iow has not thousands of entries).

So since you allready have established the relationship (based on product id, I suppose) the next step is to create an value list "priceHistory" based on this relationship as use only related values from field "dateToNum" (very important, the field is calculated with dateToNum=date, result number) show also PriceID (as second field), select sort on first field.

The field PriceID should be an calculated kompound key like

ID & " "

This topic is 7949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.