This topic is 7904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work for a college and the Student Data Database has been written in Filemaker Pro V5.

All staff can access it from their User area on the network (Windows 2000) and the system is only available to staff. A member of staffs computer locks if ti has not been used within approximately 15 minutes but I would like to set up a script that will close Filemaker if it has been idle for approximately five minutes as this will ensure that no one unauthorised users have the opportunity to use the system.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

Are you wanting to close filemaker if filemaker has been inactive for 5 min, or the whole machine has been inactive for 5 min? if the later, you probably just want to make windows do it for you (maybe even just autologout after idle time)

as for the former, iirc, filemaker server has an option that lets you do this. is the database multiuser, run by a copy of fmp with sharing on or via fmpserver, or is it single user and just opened through a windows share?

The database is shared on the college network using Filemaker Server V5.

I would like to log staff out of filemaker if they have been idle or I would like Filemaker to request they enter their password again (this idea has only just come to me and I am not sure if it is possible). I would also like if it is possible to specify that certain users are not logged out when they have been idle i.e me as my computer is very secure and can only be accessed by myslef and one other person.

This topic is 7904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.